Roksan Kandy K3 vs K2 BT

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
K2 BT still available at £675 vs K3 at £1250.

I think it's a no brainer unless someone has compared the two and can tell me otherwise.

I auditioned the K2 a while back with my CM8's and really liked it, but held off in the hope a manufacturer would

release a product with similar functionality to my Denon Ceol but at a higher price point. Tried Naim Unitiqute

but it couldn't control bass of CM8's. Tried NAD C390DD too sterile/boring/flat.

The Roksan just sounded grunty for want of a better description.

Just talked myself into it. Off to fetch credit card.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Cynic-al said:
K2 BT still available at £675 vs K3 at £1250.?

I think it's a no brainer unless someone has compared the two and can tell me otherwise.

I auditioned the K2 a while back with my CM8's and really liked it, but held off in the hope a manufacturer would?

release a product with similar functionality to my Denon Ceol but at a higher price point. Tried Naim Unitiqute?

but it couldn't control bass of CM8's. Tried NAD C390DD too sterile/boring/flat.

The Roksan just sounded grunty for want of a better description.

Just talked myself into it. Off to fetch credit card.

?

I used to own the kandy k2 and while id agree it has power and sounds sweet, when pushed can get harsh.in my opinion b w cm series need better control to shine as intended and would need an amp of similar buget or quality. So in regard to your money you are prepared to spend Id go for a much better amp like the abrahamsen for that price. Do yourself a favour and demo one.

I also found the riksan souded much better with speakers of a similar price like the tannoy dc6 or kef q300s.

But as i repeat again when put with a good quality r700 speaker found wanting.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Have heard both extensively. The k3 is better, better stereo sound and better treble and more texture and insightfulness. It may only be a little tweak better, but it is better and clearly audible difference. Is it £1250 better? It depends how much you have to spend, and how much you value the little differences for long term listening. For me, hoping to spend at least ten years with said amp if needed, I know its money well spent. I have spent hundreds on clothes I never wear, so I decided to spend a few hundred extra on something useful. You must audition tho, and try to audition other amps too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts