Roksan Kandy K2 bi-amping

juxter1

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience of bi-amping a Roksan Kandy K2 with the power amp from Roksan. Is there a real sonic benefit to be had from it or would I be better off getting one of the Caspian M1 pre-power packages still around?

It's about time I replaced my old system and I would really like to go a bit further up the chain.

Also what cdp would suit either system best bearing in mind I only have a set of Monitor Audio MA14 floorstanders at the moment. I would consider replacing the speakers too. I prefer the bass from floorstanders although some standmounters might interest me too if they have the bass.

Any thoughts on this please.

Thanks.

By the way, music taste from classical to prog rock, especially Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Rick Wakeman, Peter Gabriel, Mike Oldfield. Budget up to £3,000.

SteveR750

I have asked this before, and I don't think anyone replied so it's not a popular upgrade. Their are some tempting prices on ex emo power amps on the bay for sure...If only you could bridge the power amp and run them as 2 x mono which might be amusing (for the neighbours anyway)

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
juxter1:Does anyone have any experience of bi-amping a Roksan Kandy K2 with the power amp from Roksan. Is there a real sonic benefit to be had from it or would I be better off getting one of the Caspian M1 pre-power packages still around?

I added a K2 power amp to my set up a few months ago and there was a real benefit especially when playing loud,no hint of strain.I don`t know if the Caspian pre/power combo would be better again as I`ve not heard it.I think bi-amping is well worth it especially with large floorstanders.

juxter1

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that was exactly what I needed to know about the amp, now just to audition one and find out about cd players and speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts