Roksan Caspian owners

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've recently bought a second hand Roksan M2 Caspian integrated amp and cd player. On both units, the stainless steel cover is embossed with 'ROKSAN' on the left hand side and 'M Series-2' on the right hand side. I've seen quite a few images on the internet for these units and all seem to have the additional text of 'Integrated Amplifier' or 'Balanced CD Player' underneath the 'M Series-2' text, which my units do not have.

Is it a case of some batches were produced without the additional text, or have i been sold a dud ? There's nothing else untoward for me to suspect the latter but it would put my mind to rest if i knew that there were people who have bought new, from reputable dealers, whose Roksans do not include this extra text.

Cheers for any info / feedback.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
stevee1966

I've the same amp as you,purchased new from Audio affair and mine says ROKSAN on the left and M-SERIES 2 on the right only.

so don't worry you've a genuine AMP.

Great amp it is too.

All the best

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
The Mad One said:
stevee1966 I've the same amp as you,purchased new from Audio affair and mine says ROKSAN on the left and M-SERIES 2 on the right only. so don't worry you've a genuine AMP. Great amp it is too. All the best

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think i had a fake but good to have confirmation.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
No problems at least you can sit back and enjoy. I've got to ask how the Ma's speakers sounding with the roksans I've always been interested as to hear if they gel well together. regards

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've not got a problem with the MA's, though not having paired other speakers with the Roksans i'm not really in a position to say whether other speakers would be better. I've read a few post on What Hi-Fi forums saying Roksans and MA's don't match but they do the business for me.

I previously had Marantz PM7001 amp and cd player with the MA's. Was thinking about getting a new amp and Roksan M2 was on my demo list. I'd planned to go to Paul Green in Bath, as no dealers here in S. Wales, (combined with visit to Sound And Vision show in Bristol), as he had offered me a deal on them, plus part-ex on my current kit. I then saw a pair of second hand M2's for sale and even though i'd not demoed them they were at a price where i thought it was worth the risk of buying without a listen.

I'm very much an impulsive buyer which is no good for my bank account / credit card. I previously had B+W 685's paired with the Marantz (and there was probably not too much wrong with system) but i then demoed the MA's and wanted them (and again was offered a too good to refuse price on them as local dealer wanted to clear the stock for new MA Silver range).

So i've ended up with a Roksan amp and cd player paired with MA RX6 for £2400 (which i think is pretty good value) . My B+W 685's are now my front speakers in my surround set up, and my Marantz PM 7001 cd and amp will be on ebay any day now.

stevee1966 said:
I've not got a problem with the MA's, though not having paired other speakers with the Roksans i'm not really in a position to say whether other speakers would be better. I've read a few post on What Hi-Fi forums saying Roksans and MA's don't match but they do the business for me.

So i've ended up with a Roksan amp and cd player paired with MA RX6 for £2400 (which i think is pretty good value) . My B+W 685's are now my front speakers in my surround set up, and my Marantz PM 7001 cd and amp will be on ebay any day now.

When I auditioned the M1 with my old RS6s they sounded fine, and that was testing them against Spendor and MAs GS10s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts