Roksan Caspian M2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, would the Roksan Caspian and its 85w pc be enough for my monitor audio GR60's.

any comments greatly appreciatted

kit - all new in next few days when i finally decide, apart from GR60's.

SSM

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have not heard the M2 yet but have good familiarity with the M1. Used it to demo speakers like ATC SCM11, Dyn Focus 110 and X16. It is a high current design (50amps) and thus has very good drive capabilities. I am sure the M2 will be just as powerful.

cheerSS

A

Anonymous

Hi there.
It's my experience that the GR60 really shines when a lot of power is available.
I have tried a Classé cap 100 integrated but it was not a match for control, or sound.
A pair of musical fidelity xa-200 mono's sounded better, and a extra pair for bi-amping added control and performance.
I momentarily use a Roksan caspian pre, and 2 mono power blocks with very good result, but I believe that the MA GR60 will benefit from bi-amping like they did in the past.
So, I think it will sound good, but the GR60 does not reach it's full potential being a power hungry speaker and it needs a big amp to really swing.
It’s amazing how much better the GR60 sounds with high quality powerful amplification compared to an 85watt integrated.
My personal guideline: retail price of amp should not be under that of the speakers.

Good luck, and let your ears decide what’s good for you.

Pedej0e said:
Hi, would the Roksan Caspian and its 85w pc be enough for my monitor audio GR60's.

any comments greatly appreciatted

kit - all new in next few days when i finally decide, apart from GR60's.

I wish you could be less vague... Yes, the Caspian will power the GR or GS60s without too much trouble, unless you live in a converted barn. What do you want to achieve? Do you listen to music at wall shaking levels? What is the rest of your kit?...

TRENDING THREADS