Roksan Caspian M2 CD whirring

Hi Fly

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello All

I've read loads of amazingly helpful What Hi Fi posts over the last months while I've been upgrading my system.

I've just bought a used Roksan Caspian M2 CD player which musically I couldn't be happier with.

I do have an issue though which is that I can hear the disc spinning when in close porximity to the player.

It makes sense that a spinning disc would make some whirring/digital sound but for the price of the player I expected near silence.

Is anyone elses Caspian the same or is it that I have a unit in need of a service?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mate,

I can't offer any advice unfortunately but seeing as no one has replied i thought i'd chip in. General HI-FI queries usually get ignored, you should have asked 'do you prefer to pick your nose or scratch your arse when listening to music?' or 'are cd players a dieing breed?' or someother BS thread and you'd have no end of replies. :rant:

Take it to Richer sounds and get it looked at mate.

hooflungdung

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello Hi Fly

i got one of these new a couple of years ago & it cetainly is a noisy transport. It is definately louder than my old cambridge 640c & can be heard upto about six feet away. although mine is behind glass so doesn't intrude. i don't think it is a problem as my unit has been 100% reliable & reads 99% of my discs.I must admit that i was underwhelmed by thequality of the loading action of the transport for the money it cost. But that aside i think you can be happy that you have got your self a quality player.

All the best

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Hifly I must say my cm2 isn't noisy mind you I have been listening to loud for so long that I am probarbley deff so I know that dosn't help the only problem I noticed was that if you lay ( drop the last bit) a cd case ontop of cdp you hear it through the speakers

Hi Fly

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess it's just a noisy drive because like you I was totally underwhelmed with the whole expearience of loading a CD.

Ace sounding player though and very I'm happy that the noise seems normal as it's nice to think the players been well looked after.

Thanks

Hi Fly

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess it's just a noisy drive because like you I was totally underwhelmed with the whole expearience of loading a CD.

Ace sounding player though and very I'm happy that the noise seems normal as it's nice to think the players been well looked after.

Thanks

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
The transport on my CD63 is noisy. I enquired about the cost of sorting it but it's not worth it. Placing it inside a cabinet with glass doors sounds like a good suggestion. I've also noticed that some discs seem to cause it to make more noise than others

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts