Rockstar rules

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Completed RDR last night. Did it at my own pace (took me around 3 months), just felt natural not to rush it in.

For years I thought nothing will ever top Vice City but this may well be it. (Can they redo Vice City for PS3?). GTA IV came close, but only just...

Now L.A. Noire is next on my shopping list.

No-one else but Rockstar can make those sunrises and sunsets look like that!

A

Anonymous

I really enjoyed RDR and second the superb visuals, the sound also was incredible, especially when slowly riding along and a Cougar comes from nowhere!

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
I must find some time to get back into RDR...

I'm gonna start my own challenges - here's one I just thought of: collect 5 rattlesnake skins. (I only ever found two)

Yaya2 said:
I really enjoyed RDR and second the superb visuals, the sound also was incredible, especially when slowly riding along and a Cougar comes from nowhere!

Cougars are pretty scary, made me jump in my seat once or twice! And that spooky music in Tall Trees at night...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I decided to buy this and it arrived today. Amazing game. No one does atmosphere like rockstar. I wish GTA4 was more like this visually, cant be doing with it looking so 'hazy' (Not to be confused with 'heat haze' as per RDR :p)

Mr. Iceman

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
aliEnRIK said:
I decided to buy this and it arrived today. Amazing game. No one does atmosphere like rockstar. I wish GTA4 was more like this visually, cant be doing with it looking so 'hazy' (Not to be confused with 'heat haze' as per RDR :p)

RDS is indeed amazing. After finishing it I just find myself going back to it, it offers such a rewarding experience. I must admit GTA IV was sometimes not up to my expectations, perhaps that was one of the reasons why I never bothered to finish it. I found Mafia II better in many ways (btw they don't do 'atmosphere' like Rockstar!). Also had other variations such as Liberty City, VC stories etc. RDR proudly sits firmly on top of my list for now, together with VC for PS2 - I just love the 80s theme and the soundtrack is absolutely brilliant.

It will be interesting to see if there are any parallels between Mafia II and LA Noire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts