rLink vs Audiolab DAC

Saunders

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
With the current system in place, and recently catching the bug, albeit in a short space of time, of upgrading, I'm looking at this DAC to replace the rLink, by design and cost it should offer more to me then the rLink can. I dislike the fact that the rLink uses the coaxial cable as primary source cutting all else off, I would like to choose the source not the DAC. Plus, the idea of audiolab with arcam and kef excite's. the 104ab review I've read and my opinion is that they are laid back, something analytical could bring out the best in them.

Is there any reason not too buy this DAC?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Saunders said:
With the current system in place, and recently catching the bug, albeit in a short space of time, of upgrading, I'm looking at this DAC to replace the rLink, by design and cost it should offer more to me then the rLink can. I dislike the fact that the rLink uses the coaxial cable as primary source cutting all else off, I would like to choose the source not the DAC. Plus, the idea of audiolab with arcam and kef excite's. the 104ab review I've read and my opinion is that they are laid back, something analytical could bring out the best in them.

Is there any reason not too buy this DAC?

I would choose a DAC on functionality and looks, as most these days, are competent enough in performance and differ very little in real terms with regard to how they sound.

Saunders

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
A sonos and ps3 are my source, I don't expect a mayor upswing in quality. But it does look tempting and a more affordable upgrade then the speakers. The speaker upgrade is based on 3 opinions from differant retail outlets who have said the KEF LS50's can't touch the 104ab's... Hmmm. It looks viable and a good upgrade path.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts