Ripping audio from Youtube

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone suggest the best way to rip audio from a youtube video to play on my ipod/iphone?

Ages ago i think i used a Firefox plugin to do it, was just wondering what others are doing thesedays?

Cheers,David.

A

Anonymous

Why would you want to?

The quality isn't going to do justice to your Dali speakers ...

...or actually, any of your hi fi gear for that matter ;-)

Good luck.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Read the OP's post - wants to play on iPhone.

My point would therefore be why not just play the video, with audio, on your iPhone, via the pre-installed YouTube app? OK, it'll eat your data allowance on 3G....

A

Anonymous

Sorry - Blind today.

I can't post a URL here, but if you google for "youtube audio rip" less quotes, you will probably find something helpful.

Apologies if you've already tried that...

Clare Newsome:

Read the OP's post - wants to play on iPhone.

My point would therefore be why not just play the video, with audio, on your iPhone, via the pre-installed YouTube app? OK, it'll eat your data allowance on 3G....

A

Anonymous

Orbit Downloader - works with Internet Explorer, but is much better with Firefox. Completely free and is very fast, will download the video file in FLV format.

To get the audio only, use Format Factory to rip the audio. Again, completely free.

I use both - no spyware or malware.

A

Anonymous

Alantiggger:
Orbit Downloader is mostly for vids.... the guy wants mp3... c'mon ?

Free youtube downloader converter is what's needed here ?

Yes, Orbit is for video, and to get the audio from the video use Format Factory.

And if dragging an. flv file to Format Factory, selecting 'All to MP3' (or whatever audio format is required) is too difficult, then just record the music as it plays - use Audacity or Goldwave. Of course, that has to happen in real time.

Using Orbit and Format Factory is the best solution I've found. Quick, easy, and control over the output format.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that info Tannoid ... I think I'll try it out as well
emotion-21.gif

JonnyD

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
You could try 'Audio Hijack Pro' from software company rogue amoeba, the same folks who make airfoil.....it's really good, and the trial version works just fine for my needs so no need to purchase.....there are limitations with the trial, it adds noise to recorded sound after 10 minutes i think, but for 3/4 minute songs it's great. It can record any audio, from specific applications, or system audio entirely.....

.....edit just to say that it's mac only unfortunately, the other programs from rogue amoeba are pc and mac, so my suggestion may not be of any use if you're using a pc!

LauraHernandez

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
reggaedave said:
Can anyone suggest the best way to rip audio from a youtube video to play on my ipod/iphone?

Ages ago i think i used a Firefox plugin to do it, was just wondering what others are doing thesedays?

Cheers,David.

Hi reggadave, I decided to post here because I find your thread very interesting and I have something very useful that I would suggest about your queries. I know a tool online that does such ripping tasks that can be able to play on ipod or iPhone. I am using a YouTube converter and in fact I am using it every now and then.

Sorry if my post seems to be advertising the tool but actually it is not. I am just sharing what I know so that you too guys can use it. Its free to use by the way.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Huh. It seems the one I use has gone MIA. Though I suppose it might just have gone M, since, if no one can find it, it can't be IA. Only found it by accident a few weeks ago, ans it came up the next couple of times I needed something. the volume could be a bit low now and then mind...hmmm.

Do I get osme kind of useless post of the week award?

Sorry.

drcswalker

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Agree with bill. Dvdvideosoft is your daddy here. Be careful during the install though, there's a lot of additional junk it wants to install as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts