RIP Glen Frey

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Great comment Steve, but b*****r me, the soundtrack of my youth is checking out one at a time. I'm beginning to realise I may only have about 10 years left. I'm intending to make the most of it!!!

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
manicm said:
The Eagles made some great stuff, Hotel California really rocked.

There are many timeless classics by the Eagles . Some would consider many as too mellow but few other bands can conjour up blue skies and summer sun in such a vivid way with me. They were also masters of well crafted songs with tight vocal harmonies. Saw them last year in Manchester and thought they sounded tired with Joe Walsh holding the show together. Glad we went now though as I don't think that Henley will carry on with the band. Another chapter closes!

'Carpe Diem'

matthewpiano

Fantastic band, and Frey was an essential part of it. Saw them on the 'Long Road Out Of Eden' tour and they were on great form then. One of the slickest gigs I've ever seen, but very genuine and engaging at the same time. Another great loss to the music world.

manicm

iceman16 said:
Eagles are one of my fav bands since. Their "hell freezes over" album really is amazing.

To be honest I loathed Hell Freezes Over.

When I'm suffering from chronic arthritis and incontinence and in an old age home with wicked nurses then perhaps I'd listen to Hotel California unplugged or Layla unplugged - 'you've got me on my knees Layla' - indeed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts