right speaker less bright

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello, i have a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.3 and i noticed that one speaker is less bright then the other one, and gives a more muddled sound. I checked the channels of my amp, but these are ok. Does anyone know what to do? Is the tweeter of the speaker faulty?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Is there any sound at all coming from the tweeter on the 'less bright' speaker?

If so, have you tried moving the speaker connections around to see if the fault moves to the other speaker?

Also have you tried different sources and/or a different input for the same source?

A

Anonymous

How are the speakers positioned? Is one closer to a wall than the other? What about furniture close to the speakers?

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is sound coming out of it..and its not distorted or anything. I connected the other speaker on the same speaker cables and it sounded like it should be. Do you mean taking out the 'speakercableconnections/bindings' out of the speaker and put it in the good one?

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I checked the tweeters of the speakers with the test tone of my reciever with, and the 'less bright' speaker also sounds less loud. It sounds really different then the other speaker so i think it should be something internal.:(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts