Richersounds - Thanks, got my amp.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I believe adding the delivery cost is part of the price beating. If it isn't local, they add on the price of the delivery. This is reasonable as long as you are aware of this before you visit the shop. Staff really should tell you on the phone before you make your journey. Then again, you could argue that punters should familiarise themselves with the terms of the deal before they contact the shop requesting a price match.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
PJPro:I believe adding the delivery cost is part of the price beating. If it isn't local, they add on the price of the delivery. This is reasonable as long as you are aware of this before you visit the shop. Staff really should tell you on the phone before you make your journey. Then again, you could argue that punters should familiarise themselves with the terms of the deal before they contact the shop requesting a price match.

Yes they added the delivery cost when they did me a price match but I still had a bargain.

I think their T&Cs for price matching are on the website so no excuse for a punter not knowing really.

A

Anonymous

I bought a Logitech Anywhere 2 from the Leeds RS store just over a week ago with no hassles or issues. I just phoned up to confirm stock. I went straight there mentioned the phone conversation and enquired about the cheaper web price. In and out within minutes, good job as I was parked outside on double yellow lines. Fast efficient polite service, what more could I ask for. I know it was only for £70 worth of kit but it stands them in good stead for repeat custom.

A

Anonymous

£10 ????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc: I'm not sure I understand, surely if he said he didn't have it in stock, RS wouldn't price match it and the customer might then come directly to him? I think I'm missing something but I don't understand how that helps him really.
If someone's at RS, they're going to buy it from RS. If he tells RS that he doesn't have it in stock, they'll relay that to the customer and won't do a pricematch. He was of the view, rightly or wrongly, that his prices on certain items were so low, RS would be making a loss by matching.

A

Anonymous

What a pathetic complaint. You accuse them of time wasting, when you've done exactly that with the folks at the first shop you called, by getting them to cut their margins to the bone, when really you had no intention of buying off them, just using them to get a price that you then attempted to use against Richer Sounds in a purely exploitative manner. And if you're so unhappy about your petrol costs, why didn't you call RS in advance and clear the issue with them before you travelled over? Not only that, but for your miserable £5 you were going to get your dad to lug it over for you, at his own expense of petrol rather than pay it yourself.

And to think I'm a Sunderland fan. Tsk.

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Its more like you have wasted your own time by being so stubborn about the whole thing. Why be so petty over £5. I have bought lots of items from RS and they have price matched when they had to, no problems.

Miggs.

A

Anonymous

only problem i have with RS is that every time you go in there and ask for advice on what to buy, you have to spend 5 minutes going over the cambridge audio stuff before there being even the slightest possibility of 'impartial' advice.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Well maybe you should change the title of this post now as the chap from Richer Sounds has stepped up to the plate so to speak!

I have bought shed loads of stuff from richer sounds over the years and never had a problem always busy but they the do the prices,and on a few ocasions have asked to price match and done this with no hassle at all!,if you have a problem always been sorted to my satisfaction So i will always try to buy there first! I use the guildford branch if that helps!

A

Anonymous

JD - Your forgetting the price of the large brandy
emotion-11.gif
Phew....

John Duncan

bluecafe1:JD - Your forgetting the price of the large brandy
emotion-11.gif
Phew....

So he's saved twelve qui...no, wait a minute - lost six pounds fif...no, wait a minute - ahforgeddaboudit. This has cost me more than £5.50 reading this...

A

Anonymous

kaotician:

What a pathetic complaint. You accuse them of time wasting, when you've done exactly that with the folks at the first shop you called, by getting them to cut their margins to the bone, when really you had no intention of buying off them, just using them to get a price that you then attempted to use against Richer Sounds in a purely exploitative manner. And if you're so unhappy about your petrol costs, why didn't you call RS in advance and clear the issue with them before you travelled over? Not only that, but for your miserable £5 you were going to get your dad to lug it over for you, at his own expense of petrol rather than pay it yourself.

Sorry, but you're wrong on a number of different points. Initially, I had every intention of buying from FH in Nottingham, seeing as their website price was the cheapest I could find. Indeed, following my dissatisfaction with RS, I was planning to buy from FH tomorrow (and for those who commented, my dad was more than happy to pick it up). Secondly, I didn't get them to cut their margins to the bone, their website invites you to see if their stock is any cheaper in store. Thirdly, the greatest annoyance wasn't the wasted petrol, it was the fact that RS had said on the phone they would sell the product at a price, ie £364.45 and then when I got there, wouldn't do so. You seem to have missed this point altogether because you say I should have rang RS in advance.

And finally, no I wasn't going to get my dad to lug it over at his expense. He wouldn't have had any additional expense seeing as he would have simply brought it up with him next time he came to stay with me. And I'm sure the nice people at FH would have lifted it into his boot for him. In any event, I don't see what my father chooses to do to help out any of his family members is any business of yours.

I will however, give credit where credit's due. Following RS's post on this thread I took up their offer and even though they went to the extent of offering to have it delivered to my home address at no extra cost, I happily picked up the amp yesterday from RS in Newcastle.

Thanks JP Clayton for helping me get the matter resolved.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
All this over principle and five quid. And what happens when Best Buy open their stores and (according to WHFSV's news article) offer:

"Price guarantee: Price match on any product, plus an extra 10% discount. In addition, if you find the same product for less elsewhere up to 30 days after you bought the product, Best Buy will refund the difference"

"Top brands such as Loewe, Sony, Samsung, Bose, Harman Kardon, Pioneer, Denon, KEF and Panasonic will be available".

Presumably, if you're looking for a Panasonic Plasma, a Denon AV amp, and a set of KEF speakers, you'll be able to price match indefinitely, going between Richer Sounds and Best Buy until one of them literally gives it to you for free?

A

Anonymous

pejwright:kaotician:

Sorry, but you're wrong on a number of different points. Initially, I had every intention of buying from FH in Nottingham, seeing as their website price was the cheapest I could find. Indeed, following my dissatisfaction with RS, I was planning to buy from FH tomorrow (and for those who commented, my dad was more than happy to pick it up). Secondly, I didn't get them to cut their margins to the bone, their website invites you to see if their stock is any cheaper in store. Thirdly, the greatest annoyance wasn't the wasted petrol, it was the fact that RS had said on the phone they would sell the product at a price, ie £364.45 and then when I got there, wouldn't do so. You seem to have missed this point altogether because you say I should have rang RS in advance.

And finally, no I wasn't going to get my dad to lug it over at his expense. He wouldn't have had any additional expense seeing as he would have simply brought it up with him next time he came to stay with me. And I'm sure the nice people at FH would have lifted it into his boot for him. In any event, I don't see what my father chooses to do to help out any of his family members is any business of yours.

I will however, give credit where credit's due. Following RS's post on this thread I took up their offer and even though they went to the extent of offering to have it delivered to my home address at no extra cost, I happily picked up the amp yesterday from RS in Newcastle.

Thanks JP Clayton for helping me get the matter resolved.

Oh, be serious. Your points in order: Firstly, I find it absolutely impossible to believe that, having a couple of Richer Sounds stores close to you, that it didn't even occur to you to look at Richer Sounds price and thus too note their own price match deal, but according to you, you had simply looked around the country for the best price before settling on FH on the grounds of cheapness - when suddenly, out of the blue, you decided to then take the lowest price you could find to RS, handily just down the road from you.

Secondly, it seems to be the case you asked them to Price Match, and that's all they agreed to do - the added complication you threw in seemed to not be backed up when they twice phoned the store you referred to, according to your story - what more could RS do? They offered the Price Match to the price quoted by the store, as per their deal.You say that they agreed that specific price - so what did the person you spoke to who you claim agreed that specific price actually say when you were there? Did you call him a liar? Did he call you one? It's clearly more likely that they agreed a price match on general terms, not on a specific quoted price you gave them, though you've given us the general impression without being explicit about it that it was the specific price value they agreed.

Thirdly, you made it the business for consideration of your father's involvement by telling us about him yourself - and he'd still have the cost of going over to the store to pick it up, plus the additional cost of lugging the weight of the thing your way. I guess you were lucky the cheapest price you found in the country via the web happened to a stone's throw away from your dads house.

Anyway, I'm glad Richer Sounds' problem is resolved.

A

Anonymous

kaotician:

"having a couple of Richer Sounds stores close to you"

No, I don't. Newcastle store is a 20 mile round trip. Middlesbrough store I think is next nearest but I wouldn't bother travelling that far.

"you decided to then take the lowest price you could find to RS"

No, I rang them first. This was why I felt they had wasted my time. I'd told them the price, they said they would beat it by £10.

"what more could RS do?"

Try reading John P Clayton's post. He clearly feels they could have handled it better. Or, they could have taken up my offer (see original post).

"and he'd still have the cost of going over to the store to pick it up"

No he wouldn't, not if he was already in Nottingham, which he has been today, doing his own shopping.

"plus the additional cost of lugging the weight of the thing your way"

LOL. Yeah, you're right. I could of course ask him to calculate the cost and invoice me.

A

Anonymous

you gotta like richer sounds style , ive seen them intervene on several forums when they have come across unhappy punters , and they always try and give people options to resolve the situation , as was the case here , thats the way to do it
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS