Revolver Music 1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to forums, but I need some guidance from you experts. I've got some old Kef coda 7 which I wanted to upgrade this Christmas. I had a listen to a variety of speakers around the 500 price point from B&W, Monitor Audio, KEF, but one speaker stood out head and shoulders above them all and that was some Revolver Audio Music 1?? ever heard of them? I,m glad I heard them because they sounded so much bigger than their small size suggests, the tweeter was much smoother on the Revolver than the Kefs and Monitor Audios, and bass had a real kick to it, very impressed by the sound they produced.
But I have a dilemma, as good as the Music1 sounded there is also a Revolver Music 3, so which should I go for? Is the music3 worth the extra over the Revolver music 1?
My amp is a Rotel 930BX if that helps. Thanks in advance.

John Duncan

Revolver make some lovely speakers, though you don't hear much about them, agreed. I had a pair of R33s briefly a while back, but they had to go because the Wife Acceptance Factor of them was low (too big, weird grey fabric sides).

However, I doubt if may people here have heard both models you mention, so you have to ask yourself whether the extra is worth it to you. That said, whilst I'm a big fan of spending disproportionately more on loudspeakers than others, I think you might be better off with the slightly lesser speaker model and saving up for some more serious amplification...

A

Anonymous

They sound like a different version John, the ones I heard would have a very high wife acceptance factor as you call it, these were really beautifully finished in a high gloss Black, very sweet.
I'm surprised to learn that they wouldn't be well know here as I thought, maybe wrongly they would be a popular seller due to the sound they produced, or maybe I just have bad taste, but to me they sounded simply divine and wondered if it was worth spending the extra even though I would buy blind.
Your right about the amplifier, that will need some attention next, but I just really fancied some new speakers so I have my heart set on getting my speakers sorted first. What amp do you suggest with Revolver? another Rotel?

John Duncan

Yeah this would be a few years ago now.

Just had a dig in the archive and see that they were actually reviewed by WHF a couple of years ago - haven't got the full review text but they got four stars and the verdict was 'Create a highly enjoyable and cohesively musical presentation'. So there you go. No review of the Music 2 though, soz...
emotion-2.gif

As for another amp, will really depend on how any given amp interacts with the speakers, and since I don't really know them, or your budget, is tricky to know where to start...

A

Anonymous

I bit the bullet and went for the Revolver Music 3 after reading an online review from stereomojo, they really sang its praises so I stumped up the extra cash and I'm happy I did because even though they share similar traits to the music 1 they gain in bass weight and soundstage, awesome sounds and a massive new year grin is on my face, what a way to start the new year, all I need now to do is upgrade that Rotel amp of mine. I'm thinking of something valve like in sound presentation.

T

the record spot

JohnDuncan:Revolver make some lovely speakers, though you don't hear much about them, agreed.

Not half, check out UK pages in Google for Revolver Music 3 and you get Velvet Revolver or a certain Beatles album. Changed days for the brand over here it seems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts