Revo Blik RadioStation Hybrid DAB/Internet Radio

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="timwileman"]crikey have i defeated the almighty forum?[/quote]

No, but it seems the mighty forum's search function has defeated you.

emotion-1.gif

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
cheers from the comments section it looks like there are better products out there, any suggestions....i would like to connect internet/dab radio to my hifi kit via the usual interconnects.....any ideas welcome

A

Anonymous

Do you need the DAB feature; are all the stations that you normally listen to also available via the internet? Do you store your music ie. computer/hdd/network link? Although the Blik had mixed reviews, the Riva Mondo would get internet radio on to your HiFi. Roberts wm201 has line out and their 202 includes DAB. Moving up there is Apple Tv and Logitech Squeezebox Duet. Also check out the WiFi forum and try googling 'reciva internet radio' for an idea of the stations available. I'm divided between the Apple and the squeezebox so it will be interesting to see where you go with this.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
perhaps not as all the stations are on the net, nut it would a useful backup so to speak if (and it has happened) my intertnet goes south! i dont store/use music on pc at all at the mo as my pc is a bit past it and i am loath to speand lots of money on a pc that will quickly be out of date and i will need to spend endless hours trying to figure out (luddite.....me....nooo :) the reason i want internet radio is that i like the ease of use etc of DAB but am aware that its quality is compromised wrt FM so i see internet radio as offering the best of both worlds (i hope) i will look into the models you suggested, cheersEDIT: am i right in thinking that both the squeezebox have to have you PC on all the time to work?

A

Anonymous

Yes, even with your computer off, you can still access the Squeezenetwork, and associated internet radio stations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts