Review of Panasonic tx-p 40st50 ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. Any idea when you will be reviewing the Panasonic st50 sets - particularly the 42" ?

Got this month's edition & was really impressed with the gt50 review - have also read a review of the st50 on av-forums.

Could not afford the gt50 i dont think, but could stretch it to get the st50. Also, how does the st50 stack up against the gt30? (as that is affordable too / a 46" option).

Cheers.

Brian Gray.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
There are some pretty impressive reviews on cnet and hd tvtest.

I wanted an end-of-line bargain and picked up my GT30 for £700 a couple of weeks ago. Seeing that the ST50 can be picked up at some outlets for £900 it almost makes me wish I'd waited!, but that's the chance you take. Does seem a bit special, though.

A

Anonymous

Exactly !!

If you recall, i'd ordered my 46" gt30 over easter then immediatelty stumbled across the st50 reviews.

Called up, managed to cancel the order (god knows how!) and managed to buy some time until I got hold of a review of the st50.

So, I'm back to square one (haha) but just gonna wait until

1) I can see it in the shops

2) Try and nail a decent deal.

Seems like the one to go for (although I'll have to sacrifice a 46" gt30 for the smaller 42" st50........

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm not complaining (really! *grrr*) lol

Seriously, though, I had a £600 budget for a new telly (which I obviously stretched to £700), but if I had waited in all probability I wouldn't have had the funds left to buy any new telly. I'm very, very happy with what I've bought, though, and there's always next year for another bargain before the 60 series comes out!

If you are thinking about coming down in preferred screen size I would have a bit of a think first. My previous TV was a Sony 33V5500 and I agonised between this and the 37" and I foolishly convinced myself that the 37" would be too large; regretted it the very next day but by then of course it was too late. I would have liked a larger screen size than the 42" this time around as well, but the TV is in my bedroom and the viewing distance dictated the size of screen *grrr*.

Anyway, I do hope you let me know how you get on and good luck!

A

Anonymous

Yeah, fair comment.

Well, my current set is an old Tosh 32"Lcd - Im viewing it from around 2.5m - 3m (new set going where current one is), so I'm bang in the middle-ground for a 42" / 46" I beleive.

Hoping either would be a much better size, so if the st50 gets the nod over the gt30, its a 42" rather than a 46".

Come on WHFS&V - lets have this set reviewed and put to bed !!

Hahaha......

A

Anonymous

My eyes have decided !

Auditioned a 42"st50 at Richer Sounds today and, in a nutshell, was blown away with this set's performance.

Only have dvd collection at present so limited what the set could show me but the store had a couple of blue-ray discs - wow !!!

Got one in the end for £849 inc. a five year warranty (matching Panasonic store deal ) - thats a good deal bearing in mind there are so few sets out there in real life ! (Thanks guys at Richer - stars as always!!!).

Will post a likkle report on how this fares with SD / HD broadcasts ...........

Bri.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts