Review Denon AVR 2309

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm considering buying A Denon AVR 2309, which I can get for about 100 pounds more than the 1909 (don't live in the UK) . I was somewhat disppointed by the review in your last issue I bought earlier this week. Was more of a BluRay player test, while I was hoping for a comprehensive exlusive review of the Denon.

Can you tell me how the 2309 is compared to the 1909 and 2809. I'm especially interested in the Denons because of all the functions they have, plus the neat integration with the Denon network iPod Docks I'm also planning to buy.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We'll be running a full review of the Denon online very shortly (early next week, hopefully). It's a solid receiver with a lot of tempting features - you should definitely consider it. We just didn't feel that sonically it was up there with the very best in its class - but in such a competitive field, that's not saying it's in any way 'bad'.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply Clare. I was planning an audition/purchase at the end of the month, so I'm glad I can read the full review in advance.

A

Anonymous

I bought the Denon 2309 at the begining of the year after reseraching and demoing the Yamaha 863 so heavily backed by WHF. Of course its more expensive now.

Both Seven Oaks and Audio T walked me through the process and they each felt, having had both in the showrooms, that the Denon edged it musically, power and features, over the Yamaha. For Ipod connectivity its without rival at this price point.

I did have problems with Hi def audio but that turned out to be the fault with the pana bd 35 - which was not a fault more a default ! The pana wants you to tell it when the disc is hi def format.

I'm looking forward to WHF's objective review on line or in print putting the Denon head to head with the Yamaha. I'll be intrigued to see if their Product amp of the year is still the winner after two months of this year !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts