Returning items to the manufacturer

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So I need to return my Elements Amp back to Leema so they can investigate a problem I have with the AV input. I was just getting some quotes online from various courier firms like Parcelforce.

The amp is worth £1600 brand new so I need insurance to cover that. With Parcelforce the delivery is going to cost around £70!

I was wondering what other people did in this situation? Did you find a cheaper courier that offered reasonable terms for insurance?

I am wondering whether to bother at all as there is no guarantee that it will be fixed anyway.

:cry:

T

the record spot

See what parcel2go comes up with. They'll give you a selection of couriers and you can compare prices.

parcel monkey have a dropdown menu for you to select the amount of insurance you like, and can chose your shipper too.

anything so expensive is going to cost a lot to ship insured. my advice is to double box it, and use UPS. they have the safest system for shipping.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried UPS but I'm ashamed to say I couldn't figure out their website! I got as far as entering all the details but when it came to payment I could only choose "bill recipient" or "bill another 3rd party". I figured it was designed only for business accounts.

I'm going to have a think about whether AV mode is worth £79

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Two things; Do you need AV?

If not, should you want to re-sell at any stage you will have to mention the fault which may affect value.

regards

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
drummerman said:

If not, should you want to re-sell at any stage you will have to mention the fault which may affect value.

regards

AV is a "nice to have".

However considering my track record of buying and selling things recently, you may have a point.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
wilro15 said:
drummerman said:

regards

AV is a "nice to have".

However considering my track record of buying and selling things recently, you may have a point.

Just don't use Hermes or any of the associated couriers. They are terrible. - One damaged turntable and one badly damaged PSX-R in the past.

regards

dansettemajor

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If it's under guarantee, why not return it to the dealer who should be responsible for sending it on to Leema. You shouldn't have to pay for delivery!

T

the record spot

Good pan! Take it into the dealer if you can? You shouldn't have to pay for this or if you do you should be refunded the cost.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Have you actually spoken to Leema? I could be wrong but I seem to recall that when Plastic Penguin had issues with his Pulse, Leema collected the amp both times.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts