Require advise on new stand mount speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im in need of some advise on buying some new speakers, first of my system is roskan kandy k2, arcam cd73t,ms 902i,chord odessey2 speaker cable, chord chameleon silver plus interconnect &super dreadnought stands.

i really like the speakers ive got now but ive got some spare cash to spend (lucky me) & i want some new speakers my dillema is which ones my budget is £400 but could stretch it a bit more if needed

my choices are

1 mezzo 2

2 b&w 685 and with bit more money the dynaudio dm2/7.

i will be demoing the b&w's & dynaudio's but the mezzo2 are only available to listen to in the shop.

i really like the sound that i get from the ms902is so would like to keep that in mind

any ideas guys

A

Anonymous

Hi!

How about Monitor Audio RS1 or the higher end GS10?

Max

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i have very difernt kit to you but i went from 902is to mezzo 2s and i was very happy with upgrade thay have alot more depth to them.

i cant really coment on the other speakers or if the mezzos will match your kit or not but i think thay could be worth a listen if you liked the 902is.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advise nodnarb4444 i will definatley give the mezzo 2s a listen only problem is richer sounds cal only demo them on the shop floor so not really going to get a good demo on them .

i will also try the ma rs1 aswell if sevenoaks stock them

anymore speakers i should think about listening to ?

A

Anonymous

Hi!

if u like warm sound, Mezzo 2 definately worth a try.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
80s boy:

2 b&w 685 and with bit more money the dynaudio dm2/7.

i will be demoing the b&w's & dynaudio's but the mezzo2 are only available to listen to in the shop.

I hope you are going to take your Kandy with you. There has been plenty of grief over this amp and Mezzo 6s on another post.I'd take the CD73t as well if it was me

A

Anonymous

lost Angeles i will be taking my kandy with me, going to demo the b&w 685s tomorrow but my concern now is they may be to bassey after reading another post the guy having to much bass & he's got the same amp,cd & cables as me i was assured by the dealer that they will be fine.

as for the mezzos the only way to demo them is on there shop floor (another dealer) with there own eqiupment cambridge audio amp/cdp so im not sure what's the best thing to do there.

i will know more tomorrow.

cheers

A

Anonymous

I didn't realise sevenoaks sold ms speakers if they do i will demo them aswell

cheers for the advise.

A

Anonymous

well ive been and audtioned loads of speakers and finally decided on b&w 685 they just blew me away with there all round sound

& price.

thanks for all your suggestions guys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts