Replacing a Systemdek IIX.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the above mentioned turntable.It has the original Linn Basik plus tonearm and Audio Technica cartridge. If I was to replace this with a new turntable what sort of price range would I be looking at to equal or better it?

My little one has taken a liking to it and Im thinking of putting it away out of his reach till hes older. I dont really have the space though so an option would be to get rid of it and buy a new one later.

Any advice would be greatly recieved.

A

Anonymous

Hi Chebby.

Im not going to buy another one for a year or two. I was more wanting to know how much Id need to spend to get an equivelant or better deck than the Systemdek?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
It's a pity you cant store it away, the Systemdeck is very good and the Linn that chebby recommends would be a big upgrade but of course you would need an arm, can you not use a wall shelf so your little one's prying hands would be out of reach or just be vigilant like i was when my son was a little one and teach him to keep away, respect for other peoples property and all that. If on the other hand you feel the need to sell you may get 150 to 200 pounds depending on condition which would mean the Rega P3 24 at about £400.00 to at least equal it, it may not better it though, good as the Rega is, the Systemdeck when set up right is a fine sounding deck put on a Denon DL110 and you have a great TT.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies. Its settled then. I wont be selling it if it will cost so much to replace it. I got a bargain when I got it. Only paid £60 for it. Ill see if I can persuade the other half to let me put a wall shelf up

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts