Replacent for Yamaha DSP A1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anybody have any recommendations for the replacement of a Yamaha DSP A1 non hi-def AV Receiver.

I have been looking at the Onkyo 875 which can be had, refurbished for the same price as the 608. Or maybe the Pioneer VSX 2020 which is diffferent price range, but is available with a free blu-ray player for a limited time, or the Onkyo 808. Or similar priced used examples of the, Yamaha RXV3900 or RXV1900. My budget is up to 1k. (Not so interested in 3d just yet).

Or go for quantity and go with the Onkyo 875 refurb, replace my Mordaunt short 902's with Monitor Audio RX2's or Kef q 300's on offer at Sevenoaks, and a Sony BDP S360 and have enough change to pay for a Mcdonalds and the Severn Bridge Toll on the way home.

Hmmm! decisions,decisions.

A

Anonymous

I have just replaced my Yamaha DSP AZ1 after 8 years great service with a Pioneer VSX LX83, the difference is amazing the sound is so much more enveloping and I hear things that I have not heard previously on dvds that I have had for years,and with the new HD formats the sound is absolutely incredible.

From my experience and being a Yamaha lover I would recommend that you demo a few Pioneer units around the £1000 mark.

Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts