Replacement / upgrade for arcam 7

Ianj

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi eveyrone,

I have an arcam 7 amp that has lost a channel. I'd like to replace it whilst updgrading. I understand after reading around that a secondhand upgrade is possible. It has been recommended that i buy a Maranz pm6004 or even the Marantz PM6010 KI. I have around £150.

Can you recommend a decent secondhand amp please?

Ianj said:
Hi eveyrone,

I have an arcam 7 amp that has lost a channel. I'd like to replace it whilst updgrading. I understand after reading around that a secondhand upgrade is possible. It has been recommended that i buy a Maranz pm6004 or even the Marantz PM6010 KI. I have around £150.

Can you recommend a decent secondhand amp please?

Welcome to the madhouse.

What speakers do you run?

Presumably you mean the Alpha 7? if so I have the 7R in my loft still and it's a good budget amp. I replaced mine with Arcam A65+. The difference between the two isn't massive, but the A65 is a little more open and transparent.

Love the quirky sound of the A65+ and should be within your budget. Again, this'll come down to the speakers you have.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Hello!

I had Arcam Alpha 7R, I liked it. If you like similar sound I would recommend: Marantz PM 6004, Nad C 515BEE, 516BEE, 320BEE, 326 BEE, Onkyo A 9555, or Arcam A 65 or 75. All are very good,musical amps, with more detail than Arcam Alpha 7 has.

Ianj

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks.

I have a pair of Mission 7331's

I suppose those amps mentioned are all upgrades as opposed to replacements?

Thanks again

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Upgrade? Not realy, but many of aforementioned amps have a more detalied sound, and a more dinamic sound. The only disadvantage of Arcam Alpha 7 is that lacks some openess and it is not the most rhythmic amplifier, but highly emotional and musical. I would go for Marantz PM 60004

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts