Replacement TV from John Lewis - Samsung UE32ES5500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

John Lewis offered me today a replacement for my old 32" Samsung which cannot be repaired. They can give me Samsung UE32ES5500 (Their price £450) without additional cost. However they told me I can go for a bigger/more expensive TV, I will just need to pay the difference between the offered TV and the one I choose.

I would be prepared to pay up to £200 more to get something better/bigger.

I've looked at their offer and selected few options:

1. Samsung UE37ES6300 (£600)

2. Panasonic Viera TX-L37E5B (£580)

3. Panasonic Viera TX-L32ET5B (£600)

4. LG 42LM620T (£600)

5. Sony Bravia KDL40EX653BU (£630)

6. Philips 37PFL4007T (£600) or Philips 42PFL4007T (£660)

I would be grateful for any suggestions/advice as to which TV would be the best out those listed (or maybe something else they stock).

I haven't been in touch with the market recently and hard for me to decide.

Important things: 2D HD (freeview, not necessary build in, as I have Humax Fox T2), I watch F1 in HD, movies, reasonably good blacks.

3D is not necessesity, unless I don't compromise the 2D quality.

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
Why is the 37-inch Panasonic cheaper than the 32-inch one? I would go for the Panasonic. Demo them before purchase.

Cheers. I will definetely go and test before I decide. I just need to narrow the choice down.

The 32" panasonic has passive 3D, hence the price difference .

Any other reasons/suggestions?

Pittodriered

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
As you can see from my signature I have the Samsung in my bedroom. I'm very happy with it and have no signs of backlight bleed. Plenty of options to tweak the picture. Ive just calibrated mine using a colour meter and the picture is great. I would definitely recommend it.

Other thing to note is due to the thin bezel the footprint of the screen isnt much bigger than the 32G10 Panasonic it replaced. Something to note if you're restricted for space.

A

Anonymous

jlyt16 said:
If you like F1 go for the Sony KDL-32HX753, it will have better motion than all the above. Plus gets a 5 star review.

Thanks for a tip. I just noticed that I somehow missed this model on my list.

After some research, quick visit to the shop (couldn't play with settings though) and drastic change of price brackets ;) , I am now considering

Samsung 40ES6800 (£800)

40ES6900 (£950 but with free soundbar and wireless keyboard - value £220 - which would need to end up on ebay)

and Sony 40HX753 (£779 with 4 paris of 3D glasses)

Assuming I will be able to shift soundbar and keyboard that come with ES6900, I will end up with price ~£800 (absolute budget MAX!), then it's a simple choice over ES6800. So now the question is ES6900 or HX753? Which would be superior, is it just a matter of taste? Or there would be noticable picture quality difference? If yes which one would be on top? :?

One thing really annoys me with Sony, it won't plat MKV files.

Help, please :pray:

;)

TRENDING THREADS