Renewal cost of What HiFi is dearer than starting as new

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
My subscription renewal form "Renew today to save £££s" asks for £46.99 for a year (13 issues). If I start as a new subscriber it will cost me £44.99 for a year (13 issues), and I will probably get a wee present of ear phones or something else I don't need.

So loyal readers are charged £2 extra for the year. What do you all think of that?

I am going to ring up the subscription site and offer them £42.99 for the next year (13 issues). If I succeed I'll let you know. If I don't appear again on this thread you'll know What HiFi has lost a customer. Everyone in business knows that it costs about ten times as much to bring in a new customer than it does to keep a current one. Well everyone except What HiFi it seems; they want to annoy their customers and chase them away!

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Andrew17321 said:
So loyal readers are charged £2 extra for the year. What do you all think of that?

It's pretty standard in magazine subsscriptions: it's intended to lure in new subscribers, then revert them back to a standard susbcription price in Year 2.

Just cancel and take out a new subscription - quite a lot of people do it.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
Andrew17321 said:

It's pretty standard in magazine subsscriptions: it's intended to lure in new subscribers, then revert them back to a standard susbcription price in Year 2.

Just cancel and take out a new subscription - quite a lot of people do it.
Agreed. I always went for 3 for £3 and then do a 6 month subscription, apart from last time when I did a digital subscription.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts