remote wanted if possible

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
am being given a samsung laptoponly 12months old free with a O2 boardband and not needed so my £500accer laptop is going to sit under the stairs as a music server with a external hard-drive to take my 90gb so far of flac files connected to it for j river jukebox(flac files) plus last fm,spotify premium and you tube videos (mp4 vlc player via keepvid). then the laptop is at the minute usb out to dac-magic and so on..

i have a 5m hdmi to the tv and when im not watching tv or playing fifa11 its fine as a monitor with a wireless £20 logitech keyboard and mouse. but what say when im watching golf i want something in my had with a 2-5inch display mirroring my laptop screen so i can use the my wireless mouse or even better control the laptop via the remote is there something out there. many thanks inadvance.

the best i can come up with it

squeezebox touch£200 + either squeebox remote£140 or an iphone plus app similiar money so its looking like £325 i was joping around the £150 mark but the sb duet work do spotify will it .

i have posted this in hifi and computer threads so mods feel free to delete one .

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if i've missed something, but why do you need the squeezebox remote if you get a squeezebox touch? The touch has a display on it.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
oh nice it looked like the touch you could not walk around with it, i thought it was a display on a unit and you had a remote. so that is right up my street if you can walk around with the little 4ich lcd screen

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Ah, ok. That's what i missed - you can't walk around with the touch, i'm afraid.

Well, you can technically, but it's not particularly practical.

Sorry for the confusion. Just pretend i was never here...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts