remote needed

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, new to the forums but really enjoying reading them. my problam is i have a Sony str db840 receiver but have lost the remote, i fear it fell off the arm of the sofa to the bin which i then transfered to the bin outside, doh, does anybody know were i might pick a replacement up from, second hand would be fine, would also be prepared to buy a non working amp just to get the remote.

Cheers

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I suppose that you have a few other choices. Get a compatible universal remote or phone Sony's spares supplier and order a genuine replacement. I bought a demo Sony TV a few years ago which had surround speakers but no cabling. Bought the cables over the phone from the spares people. Wasn't cheap, mind.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply voodoo, had thought about genuine replacement but as a last resort though as i will probably cost a bomb, hoping i might get a second hand one somewhere where the amps failed, doesn't really matter if it's not an excact match as all i want to do is alter the volume (down when wife walks in moaning about noise) then up again, do u know of any universals that will work sony amps

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I should think all of them do. Could try emailing the manufacturer of the one that you think that you might buy to ensure it works first though.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
You could try a second hand Phillips Pronto from eBay and the codes from remote central, have you any other Sony components as I believe that most of them are interoperable, my friends DVD remote also operates his TV and VCR.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts