Remote help please - Harmony replacement

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, our Logitech harmony 700 has died and we need to find a replacement. I have talked to Logitech and they have cofirmed that they have discontinued their remotes business in EMEA. I would appreciate it very much if anybody could give any recomendations for alternatives of similar remotes that can manage activities and can be configured via PC. Ex. my Onkyo 818 remote can manage "activities" but it does not work properly since you can not assign inputs and it does not have memory therefore when you move from one activity to another it will not shut down the previous activity components.

Budget around 60 pound. Many thanks!

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your recommendation bigboss unfortunatelly I have no iPad or any plan to have it in future.

I live in Spain and when I spoke to the logitech guy he told me that they officially discontinued business in EMEA but, you could still find some old stock in some shops (ex. I have seen some in Amazon). He expressed some doubts about the reliability of these old stocks and the support from Logitech in case they had problems. I have just checked the UK site and it does have a remote section unlike our Spain site so I am a bit puzzled about his coment regarding EMEA (maybe only UK & US¿?).

Anyway, given this direction from Logitech I am more inclined to look for an alternative that may have more future.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
They're still selling, supporting and promoting see link:

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/universal-remotes?WT.mc_id=EMEA_DR_Q4_FY14_SERP&WT.srch=1&ci&gclid=CNWu6rOz7sACFWTHtAodH2sAuA

My harmopny one gave up last year and bought the harmony touch which isn't a patch on the one, but is still a great remote .

TRENDING THREADS