Remote control advise please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am in need of a remote that can control my Samsung V+ box and my sony amp for volume and changing source. easy yeah

But i would also like to be able to programme the remote so if I press button 1 it changes the channel to bbc1 HD, button 3 goes to itv HD and so on.

is there such a thing?

Any recomendations?

Thanks.

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree. Get a Harmony. You may not need to spend as much as the One costs (although they are genius).

Just don't get the 300; shouldn't even carry the Harmony name in my opinion.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes, with one of the Harmonys (apart from the 300 or 300i), I'm pretty sure when on your V+ based activity, you can set the button 1 to actually be a sequence whereby the number 5 and the number 0 (and the OK button if needed) gets sent for BBC One HD. And set the number 3 button to send the number 5 and the number 1 (and the OK button if needed) for ITV HD. And number 4 to send number 5 and number 2 etc. etc. for C4HD. This would get your desired effect.

The key is to ensure you get a Harmony remote which supports sequences - I believe all the current models from the 600 up will support them, as long as you install the full software rather than using the myharmony.com website to configure it.

A

Anonymous

If you have an iPad, you could get a thinkflood redeye, half of the screen is a customisable TV guide ( the other half is your remote buttons) with listings and synopsis and it acts as a button, so you select that channel by touching the screen too. It also works with iPhones but the guide is a separate icon at the bottom of the screen that pulls up the info in a separate pane. Sooooo cool.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies everyone,

How about the Harmony 555 will that do what i need?

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
no need t pay the fortune for the harmony one. I bought the 600 and it has been my best purchase ever. Same functionality

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts