BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Last edited:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Nope . Just wondered why you did it....?
Passion and enthusisam towards those products. It was a great time to buy TVs and was trying to generate some chat around it again. Clearly didn’t take off anyway and like you said it would have me replying to myself for the thread until I got bored.

Reactions: Al ears
Passion and enthusisam towards those products. It was a great time to buy TVs and was trying to generate some chat around it again. Clearly didn’t take off anyway and like you said it would have me replying to myself for the thread until I got bored.
It's a bit like trying to debate how good the Panasonic Kuro was when you can no longer purchase them new..... A bit pointless perhaps?

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
It's a bit like trying to debate how good the Panasonic Kuro was when you can no longer purchase them new..... A bit points perhaps?
Yes. At least I can still talk about my LG C1 OLED in another thread now which is way more relevant and a better TV too. Cheers for the advice. (y)

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Considering how long ago ( in TV terms) the last PLASMA ie 2012 models 10 years later there not been much improvement on normal size screens , up to 50 inches . QLED and OLED are pointless because there really for bigger screens and hardly and difference in the picture anyway Standard sound systems on PLASMA tvs generally better or just as good as anything now (50 inch) The last Panasonic made was a fabulous TV in 2012 had that special screen ( on fitted on that particular TV . 2500 hz quoted for there flagship model even my 2011 model 3D had 60 hz but that one had the full black screen The best ever screen on any PLASMA and like mine 3 D . But the LX6090 Pioneer KURO 2008 model has always been regarded as the best TV ever made and that was in 2008 the reasons given full black screen superb audio from it , infact well over the top in connections Hold on that was 2008 . ( i did notice a new one up for sale for £600)The Panasonic flagship model of 2012 was there idea of beating Pioneer To be honest difficult to say what was the best but the KURO name still carries on ,well into 2020s . No PLASMA has been made since . The reasons was simple "cost" and weight and drink electricity . But a KURO or the 2012 model Panasonic will still give good service 12 years later . NO LED QLED will ever last that long ? maybe 3 years or 4 . Local charity shop had a Samsung 60 inch one for sale i must admit i was tempted to buy it £125 with 6 months warranty

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Considering how long ago ( in TV terms) the last PLASMA ie 2012 models 10 years later there not been much improvement on normal size screens , up to 50 inches . QLED and OLED are pointless because there really for bigger screens and hardly and difference in the picture anyway Standard sound systems on PLASMA tvs generally better or just as good as anything now (50 inch) The last Panasonic made was a fabulous TV in 2012 had that special screen ( on fitted on that particular TV . 2500 hz quoted for there flagship model even my 2011 model 3D had 60 hz but that one had the full black screen The best ever screen on any PLASMA and like mine 3 D . But the LX6090 Pioneer KURO 2008 model has always been regarded as the best TV ever made and that was in 2008 the reasons given full black screen superb audio from it , infact well over the top in connections Hold on that was 2008 . ( i did notice a new one up for sale for £600)The Panasonic flagship model of 2012 was there idea of beating Pioneer To be honest difficult to say what was the best but the KURO name still carries on ,well into 2020s . No PLASMA has been made since . The reasons was simple "cost" and weight and drink electricity . But a KURO or the 2012 model Panasonic will still give good service 12 years later . NO LED QLED will ever last that long ? maybe 3 years or 4 . Local charity shop had a Samsung 60 inch one for sale i must admit i was tempted to buy it £125 with 6 months warranty
A lot of people still have plasmas and a lot still going strong like you say. Looking back I should have kept my Panasonic 50VT65 longer. And it would do 3D still I think but at the time I never watched 3D because it made me feel unwell. The comparisons between OLED and plasmas TVs are very similar when you see them side by side. OLED does get a bit boring after a while probably why I have a QLED too. It interests me more because it’s something really different with bright colours and great blacks. It makes me think is there a market for QD-OLED at 1000nits? Personally I feel better off with my QLED at 4000nits! Just a pity it doesnt do 3D though.

It was actually the Pioneer Kuro KRP 500A and 600A that were the best TVs.

Plasma TVs had certain limitations. They could only make a 152-inch 4K plasma TV. It was technically difficult to cram so many pixels in smaller screens. They were also more expensive to manufacture (Pioneer was losing money on every plasma TV they sold, and would have had to double the price of their TVs to make any money). LCDs were far cheaper in comparison and were easier to adapt to 4K. Also, the stricter energy regulations meant it was no longer viable to pursue plasma technology.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
What does everyone think when comparing the Pioneer Kuro 500a against an OLED? I have never owned the 500a but saw the 600a on a couple of occasions in Techno Sound and it sure did look good but so does my OLED.

Here’s a comparison video on YouTube though:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEI3ZBO8mqQ

LG C1 vs Pioneer 500a Kuro - look pretty equal to me.

Is this QD-OLED TV the new King of TVs from Sony?

Last edited:

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
the best Kuro is just as good anything with the same size screen and how much is the LGC1 £900 and the KURO is how old 13 years old Having a laugh Imagine they still made these TVs ? they be in a different world to anything now with the same sized screen ie 60 inch

Last edited by a moderator:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
the best Kuro is just as good anything with the same size screen and how much is the LGC1 £900 and the KURO is how old 13 years old Having a laugh Imagine they still made these TVs ? they be in a different world to anything now with the same sized screen ie 60 inch
I have heard the 10th generation and the 3rd generation of Kuro that never got released was something really special. I would loved to of owned one of them. Did anyone see these in action at a show for example?

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
the Pioneer Kuro stopped making them around 2012 due to costs it is as simple as that Panasonic tried selling both PLASMA and LCD together it got very confusing in the shops with model number the last 50 i saw in Richer sounds they smashed the price in half almost simply to get rid of them . But replaced by a poorer TV in my view PIONEER went almost broke and Samsung did not sell them for long ( i had one of these 50 inch 2006 ) It was all about costs . Imagine a 4th generation one now ? or even a 5th they would knock the spots off the QLED . real motion 200 hz full blacks too. but could only be for the middle and top end markets

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I know a lot of the 9th gen Pioneer Kuros ended up going wrong or it will just be a matter of time until they do! Not up to the usual standard of Pioneer generations which appear to be still going strong today. My dad’s Pioneer 427xd was still going strong 15 years later and the 8th gen I haven’t heard of any problems with them.

I know a lot of the 9th gen Pioneer Kuros ended up going wrong or it will just be a matter of time until they do! Not up to the usual standard of Pioneer generations which appear to be still going strong today. My dad’s Pioneer 427xd was still going strong 15 years later and the 8th gen I haven’t heard of any problems with them.
My 9th generation Kuro is still going strong at my buyer's house, 13 years old.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
My 9th generation Kuro is still going strong at my buyer's house, 13 years old.
That’s good, BB. (y)

I still got my Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp from that same year too plus 2 Pioneer BDP-lx71 Blu-ray players and a Pioneer Vsx-lx70 amp from the year before all going strong too.

Another issue with plasma and OLED is screen burn from news channels.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS