Rega Synergy ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Just a quick one,i own the apollo/brio3 cd amp,which i absoloutley cherish along with the bowers and wilkins cm1s.

My problem is the speakers,after 6months or so i have become a little board with the sound...a little lifeless maybe??

I appreciate its all down to auditioning and what not but i would be grateful if anyone has an idea solution to my predicament.

shelf mounted on stands is my pref and a budget of £400.00 for speakers alone.

Any input would be fantastic.

io

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a brio 3 with Totem Rainmakers and they sound wonderful. I have them for 6 months, and they too have become lifeless, less detailed in nature. I thought my new speaker cables had something to do with it, but I think the amp is losing grip. I'm getting a new dac (PCM1796 24/192) soon and hope it will bring back that missing synergy. I was previously using an 4th gen ipod nano with a line out cable, but the sound is rubbish compared to the sound I was hearing at my local hifi stores, thus the dac. I don't think your speakers are the limiting factor, it's most likely the Brio 3 amp. I suggest you invest in some good quality mains, speaker cables, etc to get some more power into the amp or even replace the amp with a better one. I suggest the Musical Fidelity M3i, which I'm upgrading to this summer.

A

Anonymous

wouldn't warranty cover that? (becoming lifeless), if in fact that is really what has happened?

A

Anonymous

csq2:I have a brio 3 with Totem Rainmakers and they sound wonderful. I have them for 6 months, and they too have become lifeless, less detailed in nature. I thought my new speaker cables had something to do with it, but I think the amp is losing grip. I'm getting a new dac (PCM1796 24/192) soon and hope it will bring back that missing synergy. I was previously using an 4th gen ipod nano with a line out cable, but the sound is rubbish compared to the sound I was hearing at my local hifi stores, thus the dac. I don't think your speakers are the limiting factor, it's most likely the Brio 3 amp. I suggest you invest in some good quality mains, speaker cables, etc to get some more power into the amp or even replace the amp with a better one. I suggest the Musical Fidelity M3i, which I'm upgrading to this summer.

twaddle

A

Anonymous

brittondave:csq2:I have a brio 3 with Totem Rainmakers and they sound wonderful. I have them for 6 months, and they too have become lifeless, less detailed in nature. I thought my new speaker cables had something to do with it, but I think the amp is losing grip. I'm getting a new dac (PCM1796 24/192) soon and hope it will bring back that missing synergy. I was previously using an 4th gen ipod nano with a line out cable, but the sound is rubbish compared to the sound I was hearing at my local hifi stores, thus the dac. I don't think your speakers are the limiting factor, it's most likely the Brio 3 amp. I suggest you invest in some good quality mains, speaker cables, etc to get some more power into the amp or even replace the amp with a better one. I suggest the Musical Fidelity M3i, which I'm upgrading to this summer.

twaddle

Sorry how rude of me! but really, suggesting that someone replace a perfectly good amplifier just for whatever, if not try better mains cables, bla, speaker cables
.How much do Totem Rainmakers cost? and they suddenly become lifeless? send them back then then.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the input,whem i purchased the system i auditioned the 684s and 685s along with the cm1s and found the latter to my preference.however i was interested in the rega standmounts but my retailer had none in stock...shame,and with the usual excitement couldnt wait to get the kit home and get set up.

i have some new atacama aurora stands coming and doing a few changes to my listening area and hope this will improve things,on my initial audition of the cm1s i was totally blown away so maybe its just a matter of moving a few things around .......who knows,this hifi lark is very infectious!!!!!! and the desire to keep buying new kit can be over whelming.

i think i will defiently try and have a listen to the regas in the meantime

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts