Rega Saturn w display issue

balderroug

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Internet!

I bought a brand new Rega Saturn for just over a week ago. The sound is incredible and I have been very happy with my purchase up to this point. However, earlier today I encountered a fault with the display; after casually pressing the the paus button, the unit started to blink and give random messages. This problem has persisted and keeps presenting itself when pressing the play/pause button, however, it works fine when using the remote control.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

//Balder

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Not again !!!!

I gave up after 4 Elicit Rs - I really think Rega have got a problem

For £1600 the display issue simply is not good enough

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
what dealer did you get it from? Are you asking for a replacement or a refund?

Will be interesting to see how Rega react to this given the recent fiasco with 4 Elicit Rs

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Have uou tried turning it off, unplug it and leave it for a while.I had a similar problem with copland a few years back, and the turn off and leave unpoward for a while fixed it.(I left it overnight).

paul darwin

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Fi Outlaw and Stevebrock,

Your negative comments are not entirely helpful.

Steve, we have yet to establish whether there were any problems at all with at least two of the Elicit R's and I am not sure what we have done to upset HiFi Outlaw.

It is unfortunate that people use a forum to discuss their "problems" before the manufacturer and or dealer is given the opportunity to establish exactly the nature or existence of the fault. Obviously balderroug will get the highest levels of support and appropriate action from us and the supplying dealer.

Paul Darwin

Rega Research

paul darwin

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Balderoug,

Sounds like a software issue, without being able to see the issue you describe it is impossible for me to comment further.

If you get the unit back to the supplying dealer then they can test fully and if necessary we will supply a replacement unit immediately.

Paul Darwin

Rega Research

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Steve, we have yet to establish whether there were any problems at all with at least two of the Elicit R's

At least 2? That should read no more than 2 that are in question Paul

2 confirmed faults by yourselves 1 QC current 1 missing channel on phono stage

1 is questionable ie the buzzing one, considering my first Elicit never buzzed I see it as a fault

The last amp I believe the QC current issue has cropped up again but we never A/B demoed it with the delaers demo unit - I just got a refund.

On a more positive note my Brio R is fine as is my RP6, DAC and RS3s

Obviously balderroug will get the highest levels of support and appropriate action from us and the supplying dealer.

The after sales service is/was never in question, certainly not from me.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Paul

Rega or/and you haven't done nothing to bother me. :)

I congratulate Rega and you for speaking openly in a world forum like this one! :clap:

I'm from Portugal and i Love my Rega dealer, he is the nacional dealer of Rega and he gives a very GOOD 5 stars service to ALL costumers.

I like Rega, and what the brand offers for what you pay, most important i buy Rega due my dealer and his service, he tests every thing before the product is delivered to a costumer.

I've waited 3/4 months for my Rega Brio R and just didn't bought the new Elicit R because didn't like the sound sig, find it too forward for my taste!

Have been accused in this Forum too many times of beeing a "Rega fun Boy", so nothing against it!

Had to change the new Rega Fono MM because "didn't get" along with the Pathos, went to my dealer and brought home to demo a Clearaudio Basic Plus (ex demo), and if i didn't like it ( but i did) i was going to demo the New Aria but save myself 500€.

Will upgrade my RP3 in a near future and will have 3 contenders, Rega RP8, Well Temperd Lab and Clearaudio.

I don't like seeing/reading so many reports online from a brand that i like so much, just that!

balderroug

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
paul darwin said:
Hi Balderoug,

Sounds like a software issue, without being able to see the issue you describe it is impossible for me to comment further.

If you get the unit back to the supplying dealer then they can test fully and if necessary we will supply a replacement unit immediately.

Paul Darwin

Rega Research

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2dHRp_CDdo&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for getting back to me, really appreciate your concern.

//

balderroug

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
stevebrock said:
what dealer did you get it from? Are you asking for a replacement or a refund?

Will be interesting to see how Rega react to this given the recent fiasco with 4 Elicit Rs

Audio-T. I am looking to get a replacement.

//

balderroug

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
respe said:
Have uou tried turning it off, unplug it and leave it for a while.I had a similar problem with copland a few years back, and the turn off and leave unpoward for a while fixed it.(I left it overnight).

I have, it has unfortunately not solved the issue though.Thank you for the advice.

//

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
stevebrock said:

What do you mean, "fiasco with 4 Elicit Rs"? :)

Mr Rega clearly stated:

paul darwin said:
For example, the Elicit R problems that Steve claimed, we have been unable to replicate in at least two of the units...

Let me quote that again, mr. Rega says "at least two" - there may have been more, 3, 4, perhaps even 5 perfectly good Elicits out 4.

Sorry, but mr Darwin really did push some of mine wrong buttons with his post.

I'm glad all of this surfaced, and I'm glad people are not settling with humming or buzzing units, while manufactures say that's pretty normal. It IS NOT normal and it is not acceptable. And I'm certainly not buying from manufacturers with that kind of attitude or policy. I have another good reason to be more careful and to steer away from such products - I can not count on perfect and cooperative dealers in my country (and yes, I did have bad experience in the past), and I don't have the privilege of living in the same country as (British) manufacturers.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Nina,

And who are you????

You are regited in the forum for 5 days, with 31 posts, you can be Rega biggest competition !!!

Take your time before aiming some one in this forum!

:cheers:

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I see Steve already commented on the "at least two".

It's ridiculous really - is mr. PR from Rega actually claiming that getting 2 good units out of 4 is a success?!?

paul darwin said:
Hi Fi Outlaw and Stevebrock,

Your negative comments are not entirely helpful.

Steve, we have yet to establish whether there were any problems at all with at least two of the Elicit R's and I am not sure what we have done to upset HiFi Outlaw.

It is unfortunate that people use a forum to discuss their "problems" before the manufacturer and or dealer is given the opportunity to establish exactly the nature or existence of the fault. Obviously balderroug will get the highest levels of support and appropriate action from us and the supplying dealer.

Paul Darwin

Rega Research

Come on, Paul, sleep it over. No point in bashing someone who is actually Rega's biggest fan.

And Steve was not discussing his problem (why quotation marks with problems?) until someone from Rega got into the forum thread. He was reporting his experiences with Rega product - the same as he did before enthusiastically. And I am glad he did (both, the enthusiasm and the problems). And the consensus was - until mr. Darwin's intervention today - that the thread did Rega more good then harm. It's a public forum.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Hi-FiOutlaw, if you're using figures, you should use correct ones.

And since I don't have that that many post, you could easily read them before accusing me of being some devil advocate. You would find out, that I was very supportive of Rega in the Elicit saga. And until today, until really indecent post by Mr. Darwin I was a Rega fan. And a very prospective customer. I never said a bad word of any Rega product, I have huge respect for Roy Gandy and Terry Bateman, it's the discourse of mr. Darwin that I have problems with.

paul darwin

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Nima,

I would like to apologise unreservedly, to you and anybody else if my comments were mis-interpreted and deemed either offensive or ill-considered, that was certainly not the intention. I was merely trying, albeit perhaps clumsily, to encourage the use of dealers and manufacturers to sort out any problems or issues that may happen rather than posting on forums as the first point of call.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our dealers and the levels of support that they, and we as a manufacturer, offer and provide as a matter of course, and would therefore seek the opportunity to show that on the odd occasion that problems may occur.

I note and thank you for your comments about Regas customer support being above what could be expected or normal, we constantly strive to better serve our customers and I am happy that most of the time we suceed.

Paul Darwin

Rega Research

TRENDING THREADS