rega saturn roksan kandy k2 synergy?

tenergy

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

Not much of a poster, but would like to gather some opinions on whether my proposed combo would work out fine?

My living room system is basically AV - with a Denon 1910 powering a CA DVD 89 for movies and a Rega Apollo for two-channel audio.Front/audio speakers are Rega R3's, center is R-Vox and Rears are Rega R1's (just moved from the bedroom). No sub yet, but a PSB subseries 5i is on order...

Anyhow, as you can see, I am pretty much enamored by Regas. I am loving my Apollo, and my stockist just advised this afternoon that he can hook me up with a really sweet deal on a barely used Saturn. As of now, my bedroom NAD 545 (in danger of being replaced by the Saturn) and Rega Brio 3 are speakerless and this got me thinking of possibly upgrading my bedroom system to Dynaudio Focus 110's or B&W CM1's which another shop can hook me up with -- I mean, the Saturn does deserve better kit, right?.

Still with me? Anyway, I keep getting told that the Dyns are "hard to drive" so it got me to thinking of saving up for a kandy k2 amp which by rep, has enough juice to drive the Dyns.

The long and short of it is that I am pretty confused (obviously) and would like your advice as to: (1.) whether or not to take the plunge and trade up to a Saturn and its attendant expenses, and, (2.) whether or not the saturn-kandy k2 combo would work well together alongside focus 110's and/or cm1's.

Btw, I listen to pretty much everything except death metal, hardcore rap and country music and my bedroom is about 4m x 4m.

All advice appreciated. Thanks and an advanced Happy New Year to everyone...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts