Rega RS3 question - Chebby and other owners advice please.

The first time visit to Infidelity, a few years back, they tried to sell me the R3s, but noticed on their website the Rega floorstanders have a 5" side driver, so I declined the offer at the time. I've noticed they're quite a compact unit. Question is how much room does the side driver need to perform well?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Mine are about 6' apart and the bass drivers face each other.

The backs of the speaker cabinets are about 15" from the wall (to allow clearance from Marantz + TV etc) but could be used far nearer if there were nothing between them. (Due to very low front ports.)

I don't use any 'toe-in' and I keep the grilles on at all times.

Mine are 'spiked' and stand on a carpeted (plus underlay) concrete floor.

With bass drivers facing inwards: the distance from any corners can be minimised (12" - 18" is fine), but if you want the drivers facing away from each other then leave at least a couple of feet.

I listen from across the width of a 15' x 21' room at around 8' distance but hardly ever precisely 'on-axis'. (I am not that sort of 'critical hifi listener' as you can tell by now.)

chebby said:
You'll never part with your RS6s anyway (you said that somewhere recently).

Could've been telling porkies...
smiley-wink.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
They are ever-so-slightly more compact than the RS6s. As the supermarket ad says: "Every little helps".

Leema Pulse III (DAC built-in); Leema Xero speakers; Aiport Express (or Apple TV 2); iPod Touch 64GB (or iPad 2).

Sorted :)

chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
They are ever-so-slightly more compact than the RS6s. As the supermarket ad says: "Every little helps".

Leema Pulse III (DAC built-in); Leema Xero speakers; Aiport Express (or Apple TV 2); iPod Touch 64GB (or iPad 2).

Sorted :)

That's far too sensible for me, and probably will dive in that proximity at some point.

Oooo, (sorry JD) these look rather tempting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leema-Acoustics-Xone-Loudspeakers-Black-Ash-NEW-/170685575021?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item27bda72f6d

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts