Rega RP8 platter alternative?

hifidivided

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I recently sold my P3-24 and am now awaiting a new rega RP8. With the P3 I used an achroplat (Funk by Achromat) instead of the glass platter.

I will of course try my way forward but does anyone have any experince or opinions about the new RP8 platter? Im guessing its miles ahead of of the platter that came on the P3-24 so perhaps its worth keeping? Maybe just replacing the felt mat with the thin achromat? Or do a full Achroplat replacement all together?

I am hoping that the over all quality will be good enough that I don't have to mess around with other uppgrades. It's been getting great reviews so looking forward to trying it out!

Thanks,

HD

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I've done is use an Origin Live mat, which I already had. If you feel like tweaking so be it but I would not rush into anything. And yes, it's a great turntable!

hifidivided

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Definitely looking forward to the RP8. I am hoping my years old achroplat will fit but if not I will look into a replacement mat. I've not had much joy with the felt mats in the past.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS