Rega RP6 with Marantz PM7001

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a proper turntable to be coupled with my Marantz PM7001 and Quad 22L speakers. The sound quality does matter to me and I hesitate between the Rega RP3 and RP6.

Do you guys believe it makes sense to couple the RP6 with my current setup, or is it too high-end? How is the built-in phono preamp on the Marantz PM7001?

Thanks for your feedback,
Lionel - Switzerland

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how good the Marantz is, so can't comment on that, but it might be worth considering, for about the same price as the RP6, getting the RP3 together with the Rega Brio-R amp. They go really well together, and if there's any doubt about the capabilities of the Marantz, it might be worth getting the lesser of the two turntables plus an amp you know will give great results from it.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
I don't know how good the Marantz is, so can't comment on that, but it might be worth considering, for about the same price as the RP6, getting the RP3 together with the Rega Brio-R amp. They go really well together, and if there's any doubt about the capabilities of the Marantz, it might be worth getting the lesser of the two turntables plus an amp you know will give great results from it.

good point

The Brio R & RP3 is a killer set up for £1k

The RP3 still gives the RP6 a good run for the money, but I would still go for the 6 over the 3, if only just for the ease of the PSU - not forgetting the 6 is better looking with no switch on the Glossy plinth.

I think Rega have this end of the market pretty much sewn up, yes there are alternatives.

However when you start looking at RP8 money, then much nicer sounding decks comes into play.

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Great stuff, thanks all for your feedback.

Last question... looking at the Marantz specs, do you believe the phono stage of that amp is going to work together with the Rega RP6? or would there be a need for a specific phono stage in between?

Thanks!
Lionel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts