Rega RP3

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Im really enjoying getting into vinyl again...I really love the sound!

Only had my RP1 a few months, really wish I had spent more money on an RP3....or is it just a case of upgraditis I have!

Will the RP3 sound much better? And will the Phono stage in the Brio R amp be up to the job of an RP3/Elys?

Thanks

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've spoke to my rega dealer this weekend, as my (Brio R is brend new) and I ask him is opinion on a RP turntable, if the 1 will it be enough or the difference in the price will justify the RP3?

I was told that with the sound quallity of my system and with the phono stage on the Brio R that the diference in the price would be fully justified...

And i consider him as a fully honest guy!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Brio R / Dynaudio X12 combo is doing just wonderfully well!

For my listenig levels is perfect!

Maybe that just didn't come out as I hope for, that is, if i was going to spend the money for the first time then it justify to spend a litle more and go for the RP3, he even advise me to wait for a second hand in good shape.

In your case i think you just have to demo a RP3 with your gear...

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
I think the RP3 is a clear step better than the RP1 (good as it is). The Brio-R is also insightful enough to make the difference between the two obvious.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hee hee. :)

To the OP. Unless you already have one the best upgrade without a shadow of a doubt is a wall shelf. Unless sited well Regas /Projects/ Inspires etc etc can sound bloody awful. Nature of the beast mate im afraid. Your TT may sound great to you at the minute , lob it on a shelf and start grinning.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Floorboards or solid floor ?. If solid not too bad but personaly I would still use a wall shell with a non bouncer , especially with an RP1 which isnt exactly ball braking in the mass dept.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
yeh solid concrete floor with carpet on top!

When you say mass of the RP1....do you mean the plinth? yeh I guess its pretty flimsy compared to Rega's other TTs with the bracing.

I didnt know that all these little things could make a difference...I must say I am pretty impressed with the RP1, maybe a dedicated shelf could be something to think about if I move house!

Also does the RP3 require an interconnect? or does it already have the cables attached to it?

Thanks

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
AFAIA the tone arm cables are fixed . By mass I was referring to the Regas lack of it ! but Gandy dosnt go down that alley. Strangely he does recommend the use of his wall shelf !, go figure.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've owmed Rega Phono and listened to the Elicit phono. Neither are close to the Elements. It's like you owned different record players. RP3 has a LOT of potential.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts