Rega RP1 or Project Essential II

Azzer31

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Looking for some advice on getting a new turntable. Both the Project Essential II and Rega RP1 get 5 stars and there doesn't seem to be much to choose between them, price seems similar too around £210-£225.

I'm connecting to an existing HiFi system I bought a few years ago and want to play my old vinyl from the 80s/90s.

I like the fact there is a performance pack for the RP1 which I could get at some point in the future but any advice on which of these two is better or are they too close to call and I just go with my instinct?

Any help appreciated.

Aswad

Azzer31 said:
Hi,

Looking for some advice on getting a new turntable. Both the Project Essential II and Rega RP1 get 5 stars and there doesn't seem to be much to choose between them, price seems similar too around £210-£225.

I'm connecting to an existing HiFi system I bought a few years ago and want to play my old vinyl from the 80s/90s.

I like the fact there is a performance pack for the RP1 which I could get at some point in the future but any advice on which of these two is better or are they too close to call and I just go with my instinct?

Any help appreciated.

Aswad

To be honest there is little to choose between decks of this price, if you can stretch budget a bit the Project Debut 2 is a much better deck, otherwise just go with what you think looks better.

And I wouldn't contemplate the £85 performance pack as all you get is a different belt ( which on it's own is worth having) a wool mat and a different cartridge. The cartridge is still poor and not worth having if your old one is passable.

Better to save the money and upgrade to a better cartridge later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts