Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
http://audiofi.net/2013/06/rega-naiad-sneak-peek-at-the-30000-turntable/

p1848503980-2.jpg

p1625572421-2.jpg

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Very expensive. I read somewhere the bearing alone costs more to manufacture than their current top TT.

Kudos to Rega though to stick to their (debatable) low mass, low energy storage philosophy where some others just pile on metal (equally debatable) to make some hideous looking statement products.

I'd rather have this in my lounge ... if someone would steal my imaginary Dr Feickert or SME and if Rega would supply a suspension platform with this turntable, probably not to much to ask for the money?

regards

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I wonder what all the critics think, because it is another low mass TT?

I think the RP8 is better looking to be honest, mind you I bet it must sound good!

Is the platter acrylic? or some special space age material?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

I think the RP8 is better looking to be honest, mind you I bet it must sound good!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:

Zirconium oxide ceramic. (I think.)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Kudos to Rega though to stick to their (debatable) low mass, low energy storage philosophy where some others just pile on metal (equally debatable) to make some hideous looking statement products.

Agreed!

Rega also advocate most of us are to anal about cleaning - they just say 'let you sttylus clean the record'

IMHO my RP6 sounds ace in bog standard form!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:

Agreed!

Rega also advocate most of us are to anal about cleaning - they just say 'let you sttylus clean the record'

IMHO my RP6 sounds ace in bog standard form!

Probably the best cleaner bar none (stylus) but does the price include a lid?

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts