Rega dac power cable upgrade ??

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What would you recommend ? clearer audio Copper-line Alpha ONE ,Chord Company SuperScreen , Chord powerchord

I've read it works (the best results )with cd players but no mention about upgrading DA converters

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Problem solved - from what I remember reading, the Rega dac has a captive lead so you can't replace it anyway.

Hang on, I see you have the Rega dac in your signature, I must be wrong. Ah no, (thinking aloud), now I remember, doesn't it have a different kind of connector on it? Daisy or something?

A

Anonymous

Get a Mark Grant asp 2.5. He does a return if you're not impressed. I've got 2, quite brilliant.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a 50% silver and 50% copper custom-made mains cable for my Rega amp, and it really brings out the details to life without sounding harsh. Get something with silver for sure!!!

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

All my leads are the ones that come with the equipment supplied, do they make any significant difference or just a small adjustment.

I was looking at a clearer audio one on ebaythat went for £99 which seems quite extreme.
Also seen some Audio Friendly ones that go for £13.

I usually like to experiment myself with these things so the above mentioned with the returns policy may be an idea.

I really have no clue on this aspect, also regards main conditioners etc.........

Interested on your views, will have a trawl through the forum too.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Shanka said:
Hi, All my leads are the ones that come with the equipment supplied, do they make any significant difference or just a small adjustment. I was looking at a clearer audio one on ebaythat went for £99 which seems quite extreme. Also seen some Audio Friendly ones that go for £13. I usually like to experiment myself with these things so the above mentioned with the returns policy may be an idea. I really have no clue on this aspect, also regards main conditioners etc......... Interested on your views, will have a trawl through the forum too.

I think they make a very worthwhile difference and would give Darren of Clearer Audio a ring, so you can avail of their decent trial period.

IMO Use the Copper-Line for amps and something from the cheaper Alpha ranges for your source.....but any one of them is likely to be an improvement over the standard one.

I believe amps (the power section) benefit from a more expensive cable than the less power hungry components. If you get both, you can experiment to see if extra money gets you extra (vfm) performance.

If you do go down this road, it would be interesting to know if you find yourself aligned to the darkside!

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
For the best advice, I would try to email/phone the designer (Terry Bateman of Rega Research) and see if he has any suggestions regarding a mains cable upgrade.
Good advice.

Roy Gandy does believe that mains cables (and interconnects) can make a difference to the sound and Rega themselves produce an aftermarket mains cable, so it would be interesting to hear the views of the designer.

Personally, I'd recommend leaving things as they are if you're happy with the sound of your system. If not, then try moving the speakers around.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
AL13N said:
Roy Gandy does believe that mains cables (and interconnects) can make a difference to the sound and Rega themselves produce an aftermarket mains cable...

Yes, the Rega 'Couple' interconnect (£95) and their own mains leads (£90) are provided as standard 'supplied in the box' cables with their Isis/Osiris reference equipment. (About £6000 each for the amp and CD player.)

Whether there is any point in using them with a £500 Rega DAC is up to you to try.

Your 'signature' system would suggest you get on well with your Rega dealership :)

So why not ask for a 'try before you buy' loan of the mains cable? Given what you have spent with them already, I can't see a refusal being likely.

mgkwackerd

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
before I upgraded, I had a merlin power cord, with cloverleaf adaptor, on my rega dac, it made a slight improvement in Bass, slight, being polite, but was noticeable, ~ just!! No other difference, in mid, treble or soundstage.

CYRUS CDXT se2 ~ Chord signature ~ CYRUS DAC XP+ ~ merlin chopin mk4 ~ 2 CYRUS mono X powers ~ Chord Odyssey ~ KEF R500 all Cyrus with PSX-R's

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I bought my self an I sol-8 mains conditioner & the difference is night & day. The detail has gone to a totally new level. Now I can hear even the moments a paino player makes well playing the Paino. Thats how detail my system is now.

I must also mention you need to have really good speakers, as well as cables, if not it will be almost a waste of money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts