Rega brio r or exposure 2010s for metal/rock music

Bebeboy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Rega brio r or exposure 2010s for metal/rock music. Speakers are monitor audio bronze br5 in a 4x3.5m room. Which would you prefer mates?

Hi and welcome...

Not heard the Rega Brio-R, but it seems to have a enviable reputation as a all-rounder. I have heard, on the other hand, Exposure 2010S (both amp and CDP) connected to MA RS6, and to my ears it's the best sub-£1000 amp I've heard for rockers.

Really the best advice would be to audition both and see which you prefer.

Bebeboy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a rega p3/24 with ortofon 2m blue, denon 1650AL, a pioneer M90x, and a Sony ES cassette deck. I am leaning towards exposure, I could buy a phono amp to accommodate my turntable anyway..

Yes, you'll have to invest in a phono stage, and Cambridge is the obvious choice from a local Richer Sounds. Or you could look at Pro-ject, or a s/hand Nad, which is as cheap as chips.

I owned Arcam amp for years and their built-in phono stages are terrific, but the brand isn't the greatest with rock. They produce fabulous amps but not geared for rock IMO.

Others to consider are Rotel, Marantz, Roksan Kandy (that maybe over budget).

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
you have a good budget there!

really you need to have a listen to some amps, its very diffucult to quantify improvements on a forum as so many variables come in to play!

Out of the 2 amps you have mentioned I dont think you would be dissapointed with either!

Also the Rega Brio R has a phono stage (a very good one) and 4 other line level inputs.

Bebeboy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah! Had the chance to audition the brio r briefly....a very good amp. I have yet to audition the exposure 2010 this week. They are priced relatively close. Choosing between the two is a hard task that I have to undergo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts