Rega Apollo/Saturn+ Rega RS5: what amp? (Nait 5i? XS? Mira?)

A

Anonymous

A Nait 5i or an XS, both of which will allow you to run better speakers at some point in the future.But I really don't understand the reason for your question since your signature indicates you already have the solution.

A

Anonymous

I had the xs for a few days from the dealer. I've now paid up for it, but it's on back order. Originally, I was supposed to get it in a few days. Now it's apparently back ordered, and no one can give me a straight answer as to when it'll actually arrive. Spoke to the distributors for the USA. According to them, a shipment is leaving england today, but they don't know what's on it. If no XSs are on it, it'll be another 3 weeks for the next shipment from england. So I'm now left without an amp, and if it's not on the plane, I'll be without one for the next 5 weeks, so just seeing if there's anything else out there.

I figure I'll just stick my fingers into the output of my Rega Dac and into my Rega Rs5 speakers and see if I can act as the amplifier, or maye just burn them in that way until the Nait xs arrives. Hmm,.. probably a very bad idea.

Just seeing if there's anything else out there I should audition, if this is going to be 5 weeks out.

A

Anonymous

Hey, I thought my mangomonkey a/c was disabled. Not sure how I'm logged in with that a/c again. Maybe the cookies were still enabled on my browser.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MoData:Just seeing if there's anything else out there I should audition, if this is going to be 5 weeks out.

I can understand the frustration of waiting, but if you cancel the Nait XS deal now - just to buy something you can take home from the shop today - then you might end up with a system that you are not entirely happy with.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Right, hopefully to answer all of your many posts in one.

Din cables sound better because of the common ground point.

Naim equipment sounds better when wired in a star earth configuration

NACA5 is damn damn good, Chord signature is better but not substantially so to justify the premium price.

Nait XS is a damn fine amp, which you can upgrade if you want to. Eventtually

Spend your money on componants rather than a fancy mains block. IE Flatcap XS or TT etc

Plug Naim XS (or power amp eventually) into the wall socket.

Experiment with the RS5 ports firing inwards or outwards. Only you can tell that depending on your tastes and room.

Seeing as you have a squeezbox already I would not bother with a CDP, however if you feel the need an ex dem or 2nd hand apollo will suffice, connected to the Rega DAC via Coax (cause it sounds better IMO).

Never fully lock the din plugs.

I would advise for a turntable either the rega RP1 or wait until the rest of the RP range come out and snap up a P3 minimum. Or a P5 if you can stretch to it.

The Naim Stageline N can be powered directly off the XS and is a damn fine phono stage. If budget is a problem then Rega Phono Mini should do the trick.

A

Anonymous

excellent comments true blue, I would say the xs is well worth the wait.

I have had mine a few months now and its superb!

A

Anonymous

All right! I'll wait. Thanks for answering all of my questions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts