Rega Apollo R vs Rega Saturn

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Looking to upgrade my Rega Apollo, was thinking possibly the new Rega Apollo R, or the Rega Saturn.

Was going to consider just adding the Rega DAC, but I get the impression from a few previous posts, that there isn't that much of jump in sound performance.

So wanted to get some feedback on which sounds best the Rega Apollo R or the Saturn.

I've been quoted £300 trade-in on my Apollo against Saturn, and £250 trade-in against the Apollo-R.

The rest of the system consists of Leema Pulse amp and MA RS6 speakers.

A

Anonymous

The Apollo-R is a superb player but IMO there's really not that much in it between the R & the Apollo

The Apollo, Apollo-R vs the Saturn is a different story; the Saturn is very much more a better spinner with a much more involving and 3D soundstage; bags of presence and low weight authority and the mids/top-end is just lush!

However adding the DAC to the Apollo could be just as good IMO

A

Anonymous

I added a Rega dac to my apollo cd player and found it to be noticable step up in sound quality, alot more dynamic and very musical, bigger soundstage and bass a big improvement over apollo, well worth the price and lots of inputs for other sources.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts