Rega Apollo lover - should I upgrade to Saturn?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had Apollo for 6 months and loved it (except it couldn't play LPCDs). It is very musical and gives me some "Vinyl album" feelings. I am using NAD M3 Int Amp and Focus Audio FC 7 speakers.

There is a recent price reduction in Saturn. I am considering an upgrade (or a first step for my 2nd Hi-Fi system) to Saturn, would I like it? What will Saturn offer me on top of Apollo? Will I listen to more details? I am not a classical/jazz fans and would not consider myself as a serious audiophile. 90% I listen to pop/rock music (80s to now). Will Saturn make a noticeable difference for me?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
The differences are not subtle. There is much better bass extension and definition, the timing is better,the detail retrival is far far superior. But the only way you can tell if you like it is to take your cds and amp along to your audiophilie hifi dealer (as mentioned in your other post about powering off the apollo) and have a listen. Maybe he wil do a good deal on the trade in??l

A

Anonymous

True Blue:The differences are not subtle. There is much better bass extension and definition, the timing is better,the detail retrival is far far superior. But the only way you can tell if you like it is to take your cds and amp along to your audiophilie hifi dealer (as mentioned in your other post about powering off the apollo) and have a listen. Maybe he wil do a good deal on the trade in??l

Thanks. I am not planning to sell my Apollo at this point, mainly because 1). I really like it (unless you tell me that Saturn in better than Apollo in every way), and 2). the recent retail price reduction in Apollo will push down my selling (trade-in) price (so better wait).

I think IF I am getting Saturn, this will be my investment for a 2nd Hi-Fi system at home. For the next few months, Saturn will be hooked to my NAD M3 & Focus Audio speakers. Maybe after Christmas (or next year) I will be buying another Amp and speakers ~ hopefully (should I) a full set of Rega products. The Saturn will be either located in my living room or bedroom, while this Apollo + M3 + Focus Audio will stay in this basement room.

Folkman

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
wow_music:

(unless you tell me that Saturn in better than Apollo in every way)

Oh but it is , it is. And then some more ........

I paid £1300 for mine and i regarded it a bargain. At the current price i would snatch one up if at all possible , before they go up again.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Folkman:wow_music:

(unless you tell me that Saturn in better than Apollo in every way)

Oh but it is , it is. And then some more ........

I paid £1300 for mine and i regarded it a bargain. At the current price i would snatch one up if at all possible , before they go up again.

Absolutely agree, I dont think I will be buying another CDP for a very long time. I was willing to pay full whack for it, just lucky with the price reduction, made it an absolute no brainer. It IS superior in every way

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts