Rega Apollo as transport

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Would there be anything to be gained in swapping my Marantz CD6004 transport for a Rega Apollo to be used with my Rega DAC.

it is quite a big investment for which would probably be a very minor improvement, or will it improve?

I guess the only way is to home demo one but just getting opinion to see if its even worth a demo!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
cse said:
Does the Marantz sound much better through the Rega DAC, raher than stand-alone?

Crikey yes it does beyond belief, didn't think it would change that much but it's definitely like night and day!

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering the same thing. I don't have a CD player at the moment, and although I really like the Squeezebox I've got a rather big CD collection and I wanted to have 'my last CD player' to be able to at least play them.

And possibly I'm one of the very few who actually thinks that the Rega's look nice :)

Jonesiani

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask, what differences is one listening for when using a CD player as a transport, with a separate DAC?

I ask because I happen to have a Beresford Caiman lying around, and I wonder whether the Beresford DAC is better than the DAC inside my cd6004?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I doubt the breresford DAC would improve what already is a very good CDP, why don't you try it.... However think you need to spend more to get an improvement over the Marantz.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts