rega apollo and arcam rdac

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to buy an arcam rdac to have the sky hd box go through it and was wondering if the dac would improve the sound of my rega apollo through it as well?

A

Anonymous

Or if the caiman and dac magic would be a better call than the rdac.....

A

Anonymous

or even the rega dac coming soon!!! Thats the puppy i'm waiting for.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
THESTIG08:or even the rega dac coming soon!!! Thats the puppy i'm waiting for.

Now someone is going to ask how the Rega DAC compares with the others
emotion-1.gif

It's not launched yet folks.

It could be very good. (Uprated Rega Saturn DAC stage with bang up-to-date Wolfson WM-8742s and lots of other good stuff - even bits from the Isis - that looks impressive on paper and built in toroidal power supplies...blah...blah etc.)

It is on my "must listen to" list but - even for only £500 - it's going to have to be pretty d####d good especially on USB*.

*That is the thing for me. I use USB a fair bit and the £299 rDac has an extremely capable USB stage with technology from dCS (plus it looks v small and pretty and the Rega DAC looks a bit of a 'brick' in the mock-up photo.)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
chebby:

... and the £299 rDac has an extremely capable USB stage with technology from dCS

Does that make it as much a dCS player as this

soul6.jpg
is a lotus?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
drummerman:Does that make it as much a dCS player as this

soul6.jpg
is a lotus?

Did I say that?

Merely stating the fact that Arcam use dCS technology on their rDac USB stage.

Quote..

"The dCS technology allows a precision clock to drastically reduce the
level of jitter from USB music sources and delivers a massive
improvement in sound quality over the standard USB 'adaptive' system."

This extra degree of attention may make a difference for people who use USB from their laptops/PCs. (Especially those who want to use USB for higher word length/sample rate material like playing 24bit/96khz downloads.)

Most DAC's USB inputs - especially at the budget level - are a bit of an afterthought.

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes they first worked with DCS on the alpha series cd players and used the DCS developed ring DAC. Its a shame they never fitted digital inputs on the cd players in them days so we could pass our digital signals through this superb DAC.

A

Anonymous

That dac is out of my price range, hence I say about £300 for one. So back to the question in hand, would it better the sound from the rega apollo and help the sound for the sky box?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts