Records to sell. Is there any online guides for price?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I was given 1000+ classical and opera records a few years ago, that i'm now going to sell (My missus and her kiddie wink are moving in with me and I need the space, otherwise the kid will be sleeping on the record cabinet). Now, i've found out that a good chunk of these records (about 300) are potentially worth a fortune, being Deccas with the SX 2000 and 6000 serial number and HMV's with the AS 3 and 4 didget serials. Theres also a few hidden in amongst the collection that I was told by the friend that gave them to me can fetch a couple hundred each, but I have absolutely no clue which ones they are!

Is there an online, or offline, for that matter, guide for record prices? Also, whats the best way to sell them? Is it E-Bay, or i there a better way?

Cheers, peeps.

Not too sure on lists but you might like to look at the Discogs website as it has just about everything on it and you can see what other people are asking for them.
Ebay is another possibility for research but your best bet is probably are good record dealer if there are any in your area.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Al ears said:
Not too sure on lists but you might like to look at the Discogs website as it has just about everything on it and you can see what other people are asking for them. Ebay is another possibility for research but your best bet is probably are good record dealer if there are any in your area.

Cheers, Al.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Usually, the market itself has a good way of determining the value.

On odd occasions, you get a bargain as one or two slip through collectors nets but on the whole, I think records fetch what they're worth.

I would do a listing lasting long enough for as much exposure as possible if you're not in a hurry, starting with 99p bid.

I'd list the ones you think are 'collectible' internationally.

regards

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
drummerman said:

On odd occasions, you get a bargain as one or two slip through collectors nets but on the whole, I think records fetch what they're worth.

I would do a listing lasting long enough for as much exposure as possible if you're not in a hurry, starting with 99p bid.

regards

I think we're on the same page there, matey. They don't owe me anything, so I think it's worth the punt of chucking em on at .99p. If I get a few grand for them, brilliant. If I get £500, still brilliant.. It's all free money.

Thanks for all your help, fellas. I'll let you know how it goes.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
bretty said:
drummerman said:

regards

I think we're on the same page there, matey. They don't owe me anything, so I think it's worth the punt of chucking em on at .99p. If I get a few grand for them, brilliant. If I get £500, still brilliant.. It's all free money.

Thanks for all your help, fellas. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bretty,

My father and uncle are both classical LP collectors and I'm also starting to amass a few hundred in this broad genre.

Is there any chance you can alert me to when you're ready to sell or list them?

Perhaps upload a photo of them (or a cross section) as it seems you have a fair stack there.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts