Reconditioned cartridges

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ive heard mixed stories of good MC cartridges being rebuilt, when cantilever and stylus or just stylus. Some opinions say the rebuilds sound nothing like the original and others seem very happy. Ive heard comments on Linn Troika, Linn Klyde and some Koetsu cartridges. I have the cahnce to purchase for very little a Linn Klyde which needs work on the cantilever and stylus and realise it may cost around £300 for a rebuild. Would be a bargain if it sounded like new. Any opinions or thoughts Thanks.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I had complete rebuilds done on two troikas I had some time ago by Expert Stylus Company and was more than happy with the results. Some people say that the sound changes with these rebuilds and, yes, to a certain degree this is true but this is understandable since the original components are no longer available. What I can say is it was still a troika as I remember it. At the end of the day I never regretted getting them done and I felt the £250 each one cost was a bargain especially when you consider the cost of new high-end cartridges.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for shring your experiences, must admit on the cost side I am very tempted and it seems if you use a reputable company a top notch end product can be the outcome. I guess I better start looking, would love a Troika, but my gear is Roksan, Rega OL - so might have a hunt for a Koetsu.

Cheers

Will

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts