Recommendations for (cheap) closed back phones

Little'un has wrecked my headphones. I destroyed my previous Grados SR60is. Therefore I'm looking for a cheap pair that'll sound good on the PC and amplifier. Budget is around £30 give or take...

I've owned Sennheisers before and really liked them. Seen these at Richer Sounds. Are they good for the money (I know what it says on the review, but real world listening with background noises etc etc).

Do you have any other other around that price that'll suffice?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Little'un has wrecked my headphones. I destroyed my previous Grados SR60is. Therefore I'm looking for a cheap pair that'll sound good on the PC and amplifier. Budget is around £30 give or take...

I've owned Sennheisers before and really liked them. Seen these at Richer Sounds. Are they good for the money (I know what it says on the review, but real world listening with background noises etc etc).

Edifier H840 or H850.

dalethorn said:
plastic penguin said:

Edifier H840 or H850.

Are these available in the UK?

Gray

Like you PP, I'm a bit of a Sennheiser fan (and the jazzfunk stuff)

Me and the family have owned loads of them over the years including those 202s.

To be honest, even at the low price, I would say you could do better than the 202. I know WHF liked the sound but I had reason to put their long-term comfort / durability to the test.

I'm not saying that they should last for ever at that price of course, but think you might find they fall short of previous Sennheisers you've owned.

I think the latest K52/72/92 models from AKG look interesting. WHF certainly liked 52 / 92.

I bought and liked the K550 model of theirs and nearly tried a K92 when it was £40 just to see what they're like. At the right price one of those new models could be just what you need.

Personally I always prefer the single sided cable too - the 202 was a bit of a tangler.

duoer147

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
If I have the solution,I will tell you immediately!

http://www.buynfl17coins.com

Geddy Lee said:
plastic penguin said:
Are these available in the UK?

Nope; which is why I posted about the Sony's....

My daughter bought some cheapo Sonys for my birthday (Argos or Tesco), but since she's demolished my other headphones she's adopted them to use with her iPad, hence why I'm looking for another pair. But as I don't use them very often - and they tend to get broken - I'm just looking for a cheap pair that'll sound good without worrying about scratches etc etc, which explains the low budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts