Recommendation for £10k system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Markmaguire

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Thinking of a complete system upgrade soon: turntable, streamer, amp and speakers

Speakers will probably be Spendor A7 (£3300) - recommended amp 25-200W

Turntable most likely to be Project Classic Evo with Ortofon Quintet red MC

Must haves (in case you want to recommend anything not on the lists)
Roon endpoint
Internet Radio (not TuneIn as they don't carry BBC)

System 1 - NAIM - cost £7600
Stageline phono preamp
Supernait 3 amp (80W)
ND5 XS2 streamer

System 2 - PRIMARE - cost £7944
R35 phono stage
PRE35 Prisma - preamp/streamer
A35.2 poweramp (200W)

System 3 - HEGEL - cost £7550
V10 phono preamp
H390 streamer/amp (250W)

System 4 - Yamaha - cost £8300
A-S3200 amp (inc MC phono stage) (100W) - really love the look of this one!
Cambridge Audio DAC 200M
Roon Nucleus streamer or Innuos Zen Mini MkIII

Thanks all

Last edited:

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
You come to the wrong hi fi forum to ask about 10k systems as this is the forum for the plebs and not you rich men. As you probably already know a lot people on this forum only own entry level stuff (stuff that costs £500 to £1000). A very few will have spent more but most will have not (like me) as we plebs can only dream of spending 10k on a system.

Markmaguire

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
You come to the wrong hi fi forum to ask about 10k systems as this is the forum for the plebs and not you rich men. As you probably already know a lot people on this forum only own entry level stuff (stuff that costs £500 to £1000). A very few will have spent more but most will have not (like me) as we plebs can only dream of spending 10k on a system.
Haha. I'm as much of a pleb as the rest. This will be a long term investment over time (and the last I ever buy). But we all need a dream, right?

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
To these ageing eyes it looked very nice in front of me, especially in natural Aluminium, inside and out and build quality seemed very high indeed but at that price I personally would perhaps take a Gato, H390 or NAD M33 over it were I looking for an integrated.

The above perhaps being choices if my new Actives don't work out.

D

Deleted member 116933

If you want something a bit different and a little more "special' i'd look at class A something by first watt or sugden and maybe some tannoy legacy and or Klipsch Heritage series speakers or even some JBL classics if you can look past the honey combe grill (I couldn't).

That's what I spent my 10k on with a chord DAC and technics turntable.

I guess what i'm saying is, For that sort of money is try to look past the usual suspects

Musical fidelity, Luxman, Acuphase, First watt, Sugden

tannoy, revel, JBL, harbeth, falcon acoustics, russel k

worlds your oyster at this price level, its where things get really interesting

At around £10k ATC's SCM19A active monitors with a pair of JL Audio's Dominion d-108 are also worth bearing in mind.

Add an Innuos server and using digital out into an Anthem's STR pre amp which incorporates a DAC, phono stage and also features their excellent ARC (Anthem Room Correction - Genesis) to help the mains and subs sing from the same hymn sheet and correct for the acoustical errors of the room.

At around £10k ATC's SCM19A active monitors with a pair of JL Audio's Dominion d-108 are also worth bearing in mind.

Add an Innuos server and using digital out into an Anthem's STR pre amp which incorporates a DAC, phono stage and also features their excellent ARC (Anthem Room Correction - Genesis) to help the mains and subs sing from the same hymn sheet and correct for the acoustical errors of the room.

Be aware this is dealer talk, but he may have a point.