Recommend speakers for DJ monitors?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Im currently looking to replace my Alesis M1 Mk2s Active monitors which I use at home for bedroom DJ mixing as I find them too boomy with no real punch in the bottom end.

I dont really want to spend more than £400 if poss as i'm not looking for anything exceptional at the moment.

I was originally considering buying KRK RP8's or a pair of EVENT TR8's but I dont want something that sounds too flat.

I'm now consider buying of pair of punchy bookshelf speakers and an amp that will sound good with house / breakbeat style music.

Any suggestions welcome. :)

A

Anonymous

B&W 602 s3 great speakers for techno music
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I'm maybe going to have to reconsider my budget. It would be good if I could have a setup that sounded good at normal listening levels but also could also be cranked up for parties etc. Something quite powerful.

I like the look of the Cerwin Vega VE-8's and the VE-12's. Although the VE-12's would be overkill and would probablly cause my ceiling to collapse with the bass.

http://www.thedjshop.co.uk/clearance-bargains/cerwin-vega-ve-12-pair.html

Would be good for parties tho
emotion-4.gif
lol

Any other suggestions?

T

the record spot

KRK Rokit 5s, or the Genelec 6010A would be my pitch. Not heard the 6010, but the bigger brothers in the 8030s were stunning. The Rokit 5, at £250 are good too. Add to these the Yamaha HS80, and that will do bass...all three are active speakers and land in budget.

A

Anonymous

if you live in the northwest or can travel to preston lancs holla....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts