Recommend a video sender for SKY HD

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i have a one for all and ive got to say its rubish i dont no what model it is but it was about £60 so it wasnt the cheapest.my reciver is only about 9 meters from the transmitter and if it was just a bad picture qualaty i could put up with it for the bedroom but it is actully unwachable .(white lines shooting across the screen and crackaling noise from speakers)

i did post about this when i got mine and i was advised not to go by make but i should have gone by ghz(i think)im not shaw but i think mine is 2.somthing and i should have gone for 5.somthing as the 2. pickes up alot of interfirance from other wireless devices.

i never tried the 5. version(wich i think maplins do) as i gave up with that idea but i can recomend the slingbox .i dont no if that is an option to you.

i hope this makes some sence to you as i cant spell and struggle to put a sentance together.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks to your reply, i was begining to think no one was interested in my thread. I understand what you are saying. i will see if i can get hold of a 5.8Ghz video sender....should work better imo. Cheers

daveh75

Just wanted to add,that i've yet to see a video sender that works well.The ones i've come across range from very poor pq to barely passable.Another thing to take into account is that some senders aren't compatible with with Sky remote control IR signals, so if you do buy one check that it is compatible with sky remotes otherwise you'll only get a picture on your tv and wont be able to change channels etc.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
that dosent surprise me mine was so bad. i was just passing on the advise given to me i never went for the maplins one i was so anoyed with the results of my first purchase.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I use Maplins 5.8 sender replaced my Philips 2.4gHZ which became unusable after increased use of wireless in the home, a bit of a pain to get setup prone to interference if you walk in front of it but on the plus you can point antenna upwards and bounce it of ceilings and minimise .. All in all quite happy with it for use it gets.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have tried a few of these devices and frankly found them all rubbish even the 5.8ghz one from Maplins. IMHO there is only one viable option and that is a hard wired conection.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts