Receiver off for repair.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
As the title suggests I've had to send off my Onk for an upgrade/repair and having puled out all the cables from the rear I now realise what a mess they all are! Have recently bought 3 Black Rhodium HDMI cables, 1 each for Sky HD and Sony Bu Ray and the other to go from receiver to TV. However the speaker cables are a bit of a mish/mash of Chord Rumour and other Chord cables ( I run to the front speakers in bi amp configuration and the cable lengths are very short, about 1 metre each. The rears are run by QED Micro. While I have the chance to tidy everything up and possibly change to just one type of cable without breaking the bank, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to change to?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Well ideally you want the same throughout

But you can go for something slightly cheaper on the rears if you wish as theyre obviously not as important

T

the record spot

Some 322 strand multi-strand copper cable (roughly 12AWG or so), will also do a fine job. Bought some the other week and really impressed with it. See the Digitalis Direct Ebay shop and they'll send out 10m for £5.49 delivered.

Don't be fooled by the price either (I gave that gig up a long time ago), but compare it with more expensive stuff and decide then if you prefer. At the worst, it'll cost you the price of two pints to try it out and the time to play around with some loan cable from a dealer!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts